• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier JetExpress RFP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We had a VP of F9 on the jumpseat today and he confirmed that the RFP's are due back next week. So far we have received 4 bids.....CO-EX, Pinnacle, Chautaqua...and mesa...he commented that having the mesa bid is nice, although there is no chance it will be accepted. At least it gives a lower baseline to compare the rest of the bids with. Personally I hope the bid goes to Co-ex. Great company and they deserve some good news.
\\...............................

I wish all good luck with the F9 flying. QX is lucky to get out now, F9 is going to have a fight in DEN. United is out of BK looking to get back some of what they have lost, LUV is in DEN and they are a tough nut. I see F9 looking at this RFP to save their a$$. That is going to put a lot of pressure on whom ever gets it. I guess we will see, I hope no one is hooking their raft to a slowly sinking ship. Don't get me wrong I like F9, I think they have a good product and wish them well. They just have at least two pit bulls in their back yard and maybe more as the other legacies get "better" through BK. This whole BK option these airlines are using is such bullshiite, but that is a whole other thread.

Super, are you just pulling things out of your ass again?

Actually no, this came from Jim 2. He was eating at Pappadaux the other day in the terminal with a friend believe it or not. Captain i was flying with got his lunch bought by him and discussions followed. Believe it or not. But Its a true story. Said announcement around the 20th. We shall see.

I wish all good luck with the F9 flying. QX is lucky to get out now, F9 is going to have a fight in DEN. United is out of BK looking to get back some of what they have lost, LUV is in DEN and they are a tough nut. I see F9 looking at this RFP to save their a$$. That is going to put a lot of pressure on whom ever gets it. I guess we will see, I hope no one is hooking their raft to a slowly sinking ship. Don't get me wrong I like F9, I think they have a good product and wish them well. They just have at least two pit bulls in their back yard and maybe more as the other legacies get "better" through BK. This whole BK option these airlines are using is such bullshiite, but that is a whole other thread.

Just for the sake of discussion, what would stop F9 from deciding to start a quasi hub in someplace far from home like CAK. Airtran has done quite well from there. It would make sense for them to branch out now to another part of the country in a somewhat risk adverse way (using a contractor to supply the bulk of the lift with RJ's) to help take some of the pressure off of Denver as their sole source of income. If you're under attack from a major and a LCC at home, why not try your hand at another part of the country on a short term contract with a regional and see if it works. If I'm not mistaken they are going to replace QX with their own in house Dash-8 Q 400 operation no? Wouldn't that lead one to believe that the RFP is for a location other than Denver??

okay....but CAK? perhaps you are full of CAKA....but i wouldn't rule out a smaller hub sometime...suppose to be a codeshare in the near future on with a east coast partner happening sometime...i would think perhaps MCI over CAK, but who knows.

Pappadaux, the seafood buffet. Yes, I'm familiar with it. Why would Nides eat there when Chilis has the turkey sandwich combo??

We had a VP of F9 on the jumpseat today and he confirmed that the RFP's are due back next week. So far we have received 4 bids.....CO-EX, Pinnacle, Chautaqua...and mesa...he commented that having the mesa bid is nice, although there is no chance it will be accepted. At least it gives a lower baseline to compare the rest of the bids with. Personally I hope the bid goes to Co-ex. Great company and they deserve some good news.

For some reason Im having a hard time believing that this particular VP was actually telling you who they were considering, and who had submitted bids. Its a competative process...why would you be privy to such info?

Me thinks everyone on this thread is full of %^$. Especially any post by the kool aid mixer himself Superpilot92. Any RJ pilot with the words "super" and "pilot" in their screen name has to make you wonder.

A couple of things for my XJT coworkers on this board. If the Frontier RFP is for 70 seaters where do you think we're going to get them? I know we have EMB options and all that stuff but it would be a LONG time before they could get any to us given the 70/90 seat orders already in production. Next, even if Frontier would consider a bid for a 50 seater why would they take it? Pax hate 50 seat jets. I'm not buying in on this RFP rumor anymore than I was the Midwest Exp, Delta, or any other.

Last edited:
Me thinks everyone on this thread is full of %^$. Especially any post by the kool aid mixer himself Superpilot92. Any RJ pilot with the words "super" and "pilot" in their screen name has to make you wonder.

A couple of things for my XJT coworkers on this board. If the Frontier RFP is for 70 seaters where do you think we're going to get them? I know we have EMB options and all that stuff but it would be a LONG time before they could get any to us given the 70/90 seat orders already in production. Next, even if Frontier would consider a bid for a 50 seater why would they take it? Pax hate 50 seat jets. I'm not buying in on this RFP rumor anymore than I was the Midwest Exp, Delta, or any other.

First off the Screen Name SuperPilot is a sarcastic term used by a professor in College. Thanks for your concern though.

Second, People Hate 50 seaters? But they love 70/90 seat CRJs? I would be willing to bet that this is not the case.

Lastly what makes your posts any more relevent than mine? Also the Koolaid Comment is pretty Lame. No Koolaid here just me being optimistic. Thanks again for your concern. :beer:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back