• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SkyNation

U.S. American
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/060906/law061.html?.v=69

"In conjunction with Frontier's Q400 growth strategy, the airline is also seeking a partner(s) to operate up to 20 regional jet (RJ) aircraft, to either augment or replace its existing fleet of nine CRJ-700 aircraft, currently operated by Horizon Air as Frontier JetExpress. The expanded RJ fleet will be used to seed mainline service by developing new and smaller markets into mature mainline markets for Frontier and to supplement Frontier's mainline service."

ahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! That's what CAL said when they started giving jets to XJT. Now look what happened, XJT has 200+ jets and continues to fly mainline routes with multiple flights.

Horizon welcome to the race. It starts with this RFP. Next thing you know you might need to take a little pay freeze to "stay competative". Next thing you know the snacks aren't what they used to be. It all ends the same.

Can I put early money on Skywest for the award. I think Mesa pissed frontier off... CHQ is another good choice.

Great Lakes Aviation LTD, is the dark horse. Personally I hope they get it. This industry has forgotten what regional flying is supposed to be. A drunken frat party with a 27 year old senior captain.

Crash Pad said:
Great Lakes Aviation LTD, is the dark horse. Personally I hope they get it. This industry has forgotten what regional flying is supposed to be. A drunken frat party with a 27 year old senior captain.

Amen Brotha.....

There will now be a huge target on that 700 payscale that Horizon has. Welcome to the ********************hole we call the aviation industry.

Guys, this it yet another reason that this career is a total waste of time. I used to love to fly and then I came to the airlines. I can't think of anything that I hate more then my career. I wish I'd never taken that first flight.

You guys at Horizon. . . hang on for the ride is about to get terrible. Your about to enter the world of hell that the rest of us live in. They talk about the race to the bottom, if your with US Air then your already there. I feel for all of you because you actually work for a decent company and you have a long way to fall. Good luck to you.

Chautauqua flies for UAL, DAL, and USAir. Mesa has multiple carriers as well. I don't think that UAL no compete clause exists.

bvt1151 said:
Chautauqua flies for UAL, DAL, and USAir. Mesa has multiple carriers as well. I don't think that UAL no compete clause exists.

I believe that the no-compete clause is in effect from one of ual's hubs. i.e- an airline can't mesa, skw, chq can't compete directly with ual on the routes. which essentially eliminates skw because they are the only ones really operating out of den. as long as the regional doesn't already do the route out of den they should be able to do it for another airline.

Latest resources

Back