Frontier JetExpress RFP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CFIse said:
Oh count them out. Their costs are HORRIBLE - do you have any idea the ruinous rates Continental is charging them to keep those planes?

I don't know what ExpressJet's plan is - but if it involves trying to pick up additional regional flying it's not going to work - they don't have the cost structure to compete.

Oh really. Wow i am glad you have the inside track on the facts. Where did you get those facts from again? :rolleyes:

CFIse said:
Oh count them out. Their costs are HORRIBLE - do you have any idea the ruinous rates Continental is charging them to keep those planes?

I don't know what ExpressJet's plan is - but if it involves trying to pick up additional regional flying it's not going to work - they don't have the cost structure to compete.

FYI expressjet's costs are cheaper than mesa's right now...by about 4%.

I've *heard* the lease rates on those 69 airplanes went up something like 4%, so that essentially would be a 1% cost raise across the board factoring in their entire operation (or maybe that's just fuzzy math, but it sounds right :)).

Hey Express Jet people, how are you going to get a contract when no one cares about the 50 seat market anymore, especially F9

I wonder if F9 will come crawling back to QX if it turns out the new provider can't meet the performance targets, assuming they'll stay in place. QX has apparently met every target so far...

MALSR-We could probably get the flying if we did what most of the other regional airlines are doing right now-agree to pay cuts to get bigger a/c on property, then fly them for 50 seat wages.

bvt1151 said:
Chautauqua flies for UAL, DAL, and USAir. Mesa has multiple carriers as well. I don't think that UAL no compete clause exists.

UAL does have a no compete clause but only on routes which they fly. So If F9 has a flight from IAD or RDU to DIA and UAL has the same route then none of UAL's regionals can fly the same flight.

Knob said:
MALSR-We could probably get the flying if we did what most of the other regional airlines are doing right now-agree to pay cuts to get bigger a/c on property, then fly them for 50 seat wages.

powerful retort. pay attention to this unfortunate truth.

wheelsup said:
FYI expressjet's costs are cheaper than mesa's right now...by about 4%.

I've *heard* the lease rates on those 69 airplanes went up something like 4%, so that essentially would be a 1% cost raise across the board factoring in their entire operation (or maybe that's just fuzzy math, but it sounds right :)).

That may be, but there is no fuzzy math out there that can fit 70 seats into a 145. New type = higher costs.

Latest resources

Back