• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier guys: Could have had a SWA seniority number tonight

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
By the way, I am not advocating that RAH is a better deal for F9. What I AM saying is that SWAPA is being unreasonable in expecting F9 pilots to be satisfied with a staple given that SW has stated they intend to get rid of the F9 airplanes in the near future. Who wants to be last when the axe comes down? Not many pilots will willingly make themselves furlough fodder. Bills don't wait, and there are very few jobs out there to help furloughed pilots through the tough times these days. SW has enjoyed a great run that will probably continue for quite some time. But you need to understand that the reality the F9 pilots face if furloughed is very grim. Two years or so of sacrifice may not sound like much, but if it costs you your home and/or your family, then it is too much.

F9 pilots should not have to shoulder that burden alone. Frontier pilots work at a viable company that only ended up in bankruptcy because of a change in credit card witholdings. If you don't want to share in their struggle via integration, that is fine, but don't be surprised that your offer of "to the bottom of the list" is turned down.

Last edited:
The only difference that is to be understood is that the IBT has not asked for a staple, and SWAPA has.

A staple at Southwest means the right seat of a 73 at close to 100 bucks an hour... a "fair" DOH integration at RAH means the right seat of a 145 at $37/hr for many of us. Thats why SWAPA has the right to ask for a staple.

A staple at Southwest means the right seat of a 73 at close to 100 bucks an hour... a "fair" DOH integration at RAH means the right seat of a 145 at $37/hr for many of us. Thats why SWAPA has the right to ask for a staple.

Why is it we can see this, but they can't???

I guess I don't understand either- your fears of a furlough are LESSENED with the rah deal?
Vs the one company who has never furloughed - who is already fighting for you to be on the list- who is fighting for more pay for you- who is fighting for lynx guys to be under you- who appears to be setting the stage for both feeders on our list and international growth- who has te most productive pilot force in the country that will take you in like family if you get on the list- who will take care of you??

I think you guys are viewing things through industry colored glasses instead of through the reality of southwest. It is very different at wn than anyplace else-

Regardless- it's interesting times. Good luck F9. I'd love to have you here bc I know what it's like here- and the alternative for you will be heartbreaking in a lot of ways no matter how it turns out. That's not arrogant- it's reality.

Having been through this like 4 times I would advise their F9 guys not to roll over. SWA wants F9 for a reason, don't give up your legal rights...

Again.........Those "legal rights" only apply if WN actually buys F9.

Get it?

Latest resources

Back