Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier Files For Ch. 11 Bankruptcy Protection....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
luvz2fli.. sorry if I jumped down your throat a little.. I agree with what your saying in general. It is absolute crap that all 121 planes are not treated the same and paid by size. No doubt about it. However tprops have always been deemed inferior, by pilots, by the public, and by the companies.

I've worked for 2 all prop operators and I get tired of being deemed a sellout because I fly a big plane for less. I made my decision on where to work based on a wide array of issues.

For my part I have and will continue to fight nail and tooth at my company to get appropriate rates for the size of the plane, thats my contribution.

The smaller jet comment was just to point out that no operator treats props farily including horizon.. I wholeheartedly agree money is what matters.

I don't have SJS or big airplane hardon (BAH) I've long said that if I could make $200K a year and be home 23 nights a month flying a Skyhawk.. well then sign me up..

No worries. You have every right to voice your opinion and back up what you believe just like the next guy. Don't worry, I didn't take offense. ;)

As for the turboprops being the same, I am pretty sure they will always be inferior. Or maybe not inferior, but companies have decided that they can pay the pilots less, they will accept it because we don't know why, you guys just do, and the company gets to pocket more of the profits.

Nobody gets paid right at the regional level. You might fly half way across the country in a jet and you're still only making 19-23 an hour first year pay. On a side note, if you make less than 19, I must say are you an idiot? 19 is barely livable so unless you're at home and mom and dad still pay all the bills, you just can't do it. CFI jobs do not count for this pay thought though.

I don't think the difference is that big...not sure, but believe it's less than 5%? Since the 700 is at least 5% faster, paying a little less on the Q seems about right?!

THATS the problem right there! A long while ago, when aviation was first starting, pilots were paid by speed of the aircraft. However, as aircraft became faster that needed to change, and thats why we are paid by capacity now. Problem is, people still look at a turboprop and say, "well, its just a prop plane" and somehow use that as justification to pay less than a comparable jet, EVEN IF HAS THE SAME CAPACITY! Especially now that the Q goes significantly faster than any regional prop before it and almost as fast as a jet. Just my .02 cents.

THATS the problem right there! A long while ago, when aviation was first starting, pilots were paid by speed of the aircraft. However, as aircraft became faster that needed to change, and thats why we are paid by capacity now. Problem is, people still look at a turboprop and say, "well, its just a prop plane" and somehow use that as justification to pay less than a comparable jet, EVEN IF HAS THE SAME CAPACITY! Especially now that the Q goes significantly faster than any regional prop before it and almost as fast as a jet. Just my .02 cents.

Yes it goes almost as fast as a regional jet. SO WHY DO THESE GUYS KEEP ACCEPTING THESE WAGES THAT ARE SO LOW?!!!!

Actually, I am pretty sure the guys at horizon get paid what their seniority will hold, not what they actually fly.

This is true for FOs, but not for CAs.

CAs are paid for what they fly.

QX 18 year CA payscale on the CRJ 700 is $120.52/hour versus $110.88/hour for the Q400.

Latest resources

Back