Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier Files For Ch. 11 Bankruptcy Protection....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What does a 170 typically burn at 350 at .76?

This was hashed out in a previous thread but I think the consensus was that the 170 is between 3500 and 4200 lbs an hour.

By contrast the Q400 is 2000-2300 lbs an hour for basically the same number of seats.

F9 has wanted out of the RAH contract for a while, I'm guessing the is one of the goals of Chapter 11.

They are still fairly solvent, just wanted to use Chapter 11 to get more cash on hand, I would be surprised to see a shutdown.. like many major carriers they will hopefully come out of Ch 11 different but alive

Of course the Q400's burns less, but when you start flying the Q400 on a longer stage length then the advantage in speed and time work in the favor of the E175's.

What does a 170 typically burn at 350 at .76?

That's not the issue. Why run a 70 seat jet when an Airbus carries twice as many people and burns nowhere near twice as much fuel? If a city really needs only 70 seats, they have the Dash for that.

That's not the issue. Why run a 70 seat jet when an Airbus carries twice as many people and burns nowhere near twice as much fuel? If a city really needs only 70 seats, they have the Dash for that.

It's not an issue I'm asking about, I simply wanted to know the burns...

I read this morning that Frontier's credit card processor is withholding the transfer of money from the passengers to Frontier. Thats a very bad sign.

E-170's burn to much fuel?

I can name a bunch of jets that burn more then the E-170's, plus look at what RAH pays there Pilots/FA's.

Which 70 seat turbojet burns more?

Of course the Q400's burns less, but when you start flying the Q400 on a longer stage length then the advantage in speed and time work in the favor of the E175's.

It works out in terms of speed, but that doesn't nearly offset the fuel burn. Take a 900 mile leg for instance. The Q does it in about 3 hours and burns about 6500lbs total, the E-Jet does it in 2:15 which is still a burn of about 8500 lbs. Sure passengers like the jet more and its faster but if the prop does it for 300 lbs less fuel and thus saves the company a grand a leg, guess which they are going with..

Yea, but with that thinking by saving :45 minutes with the a leg you can do another round trip and generate even more revenue.

Well if the plane is only half full on the second out and back, they are wasting their time and fuel. T-props are becoming more valuable by the hour.

Midwest just made a huge mistake in getting rid of Skyway and the 1900's. In the long run, fuel will be their un-doing.

Last edited:
Believe me I am not knocking Props at all. Hell, I fly the Dash 8. May fuel please go up to over 4 dollars a gallon! That would secure my job even more.

But my arguement is that a E170 is more effecient when flown on a longer segment.

Maybe US Airways will start flying C-130's from CLT to FRA soon. :)

May fuel please go up to over 4 dollars a gallon!
Don't say stuff like that! Props are still for boats.:beer:

Latest resources

Back