Frontier Expands

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AnimalTale said:
319 and 318 range is better than both the 320 and 321. 321 is a pig... Jeff Potter will love to go to Hawaii. Yields are low.
Airbus solved some of the range issues with the A321, by putting aux tanks in the belly. Total of 52,500lbs and MTOW 205,000lbs.
Altitude capability is a bit of an issue, but MD80 drivers won't notice much differnce ;)

Anyone know where to find contract info and quality of life info at Frontier. I'm specifically interested in reserve life and commutability? How about the senior lines? What's the most days off people get? How many legs per day?
Anyone know the answers or know where to find it?
Thanks,
herb

FlyDouglasJets said:
Airbus solved some of the range issues with the A321, by putting aux tanks in the belly. Total of 52,500lbs and MTOW 205,000lbs.
Altitude capability is a bit of an issue, but MD80 drivers won't notice much differnce ;)
Aux tanks are also being put in A320's as well. We are having them installed on some of our's. The previous poster's comments are correct. The A319 does have a better range than the "standard" A320.

C yaaa

A320-232lr

jetblue320 said:
Aux tanks are also being put in A320's as well. We are having them installed on some of our's.
Veerrry interesting....
LGB-HNL? ;-)
Hmmm...You can raise up the fuel tanks to 52000lbs, but doesn't the MTOW 169.7 keep the ultimate possibilities down somewhat?

You launch with a ZFW of 129k (full boat) and that only leaves room for about 40000lbs of gas, before you reach the MTOW.

New MTOW?

Cheers
FDJ

FlyDouglasJets said:
The A319 and A320 really have about the same legs :)
They both carry around 42,000lbs of fuel. However, since the A319 only has to carry about 140 pax (210lbs of midwest girth = 29400lbs) vs. 160 pax in the A320 (33,600lbs of Wisconsin cheese).

With the ticket price ceiling around $299 per ticket, I think the extra 20 seats might help to cover some of the costs for little additional outlay.

We see much better numbers from our (AWA) 319 because we only have 124 pax so the leg seem longer then with the 320's.

WD.

herb said:
Anyone know where to find contract info and quality of life info at Frontier. I'm specifically interested in reserve life and commutability? How about the senior lines? What's the most days off people get? How many legs per day?
Anyone know the answers or know where to find it?
Thanks,
herb
Herb,
F-9 is in the last year of their original contract so almost everything is on the table in terms of work rules and quality of life issues but I believe the pay issue has already been negotiated. You can see their current pay at airlinepilotpay.com.

Currently pay is salary but it seems that there is an effort to go hourly with preferential bidding, which will change everything in terms of schedule flexability. Reserve is currently 10 days off with a proposal to increase that to 12. With the planned expansion reserve will only last a few months. Upgrade is relatively quick, depending on your timing, 2 to 4 years. I am sure someone more familiar with the contract can give you more detail. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back