• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Frontier closing doors this week?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, I'm over the Bronco's loss. I flew for F9 just over a year and had 1 WN jumpseater, and by the way, he was a super nice guy and went through 6 other airlines and who knows how many furloughs before getting on with SW.

About the topic of the thread, I guess nobody can back up what roughneck said.

I'd say there's a good chance they may have burned through all of that by now. Although it's possible the Republic airlines and savings & loan corporation may loan them more if they ask.

I dunno, we are loaning 15 mil (I think... ) to Midwest Airlines. I'm not sure we can spare another square. Honestly, it's kind of ironic. We take AA, DAL, CAL, UAL, and USAirways' money and give it to the LLCs and Nationals. That makes us kinda like Robin Hood! :beer:

I was just talking to a bud over there last week. While I don't know the true financial condition of F9 I have seen the "do it or we're done" move before. I'm no longer there but I'd say screw you and vote no on the pay cut extension. They've screwed you guys all summer and given you nothing in return.

Gup

I thought they just cancelled the Oct furloughs, and were making an operating profit the past two months?

Gotta call BS on this one.

Cancelled Nov furloughs, everything else is correct.

I'm lost. Is this a thread about closing the door prior to pushback, because I thought that was pretty obvious. Good luck F9.

I had a Frontier guy on the jumpseat yesterday and he said that there is a real possiblity that Frontier will close the doors this week. He said that the company will shut down by weeks end if the BK judge doesn't throw out all contracts.

He said it would only save about $6.6 million a year if they did, not enough to make a difference, but that the Company was going to shut the doors anyway if they can't throw them out.

He said he expected it to be done (Fronier) by years end one way or the other.

In your posting you say by weeks end and then you say by the end of the year. Which is it? You can't even get your story straight here.

I haven't followed F9's finances for quite a while, so I can't speak on the starter topic of this thread.

My only comments are:
Every F9 employee that I've come across has been a truly class individual. Good luck to all of you; I hope that you're able to keep the doors open.
The pressure of renegotiating contracts is difficult. Cuts or no cuts, bystanders should not be throwing rocks at your company and union.

In your posting you say by weeks end and then you say by the end of the year. Which is it?

Weeks end if the judge doesn't throw out the contracts. Years end even if he does.

Latest resources

Back