• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

From the "crappy pilot jobs" file...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder how many of the people saying "No" to this job would change their minds if the job was: "Fly the airplane and wash it between trips" instead of "Fly the airplane and tutor the kids"

See, what would be really funny, if all of us just swamped the crap out of that company with resumes!!!

Then, when they call, just have some fun with them--sort of like taking a tele marketer for "a ride" when they call.

Yeah, that sounds like fun, I might have to do that.

Which reminds me, I haven't called Gulfstream Airlines in FLL in a long time, to proclaim my interest in their PFT!

hoover said:
You guys need to look at the bigger picture. This guy is not hiring a pilot. He is hiring a nanny/tutor, who can also fill in as a co-pilot on the jet. Sounds to me like it is a privately owned toy of someone who makes a lot more $ than me. I doubt he flies it more than a couple of hundred hours a year. Now take into account that room and board is offered, probably in some pretty sweet digs. What would it cost to set up living quarters in Naples? $1500 a month? Add that to the paycheck and now all of a sudden the job is paying in the mid-30's. If I were a young single guy, perhaps a low time CFI, I would be all over this. At least I would look into it. You never know where it might lead.

With all the money I spent on getting my certificates and ratings, and scrapping together 100 multi hours, the pilot part comes first. Heck, a low-time CFI would probably get more hours and more money sticking with instructing. If the guy can afford to buy a multi-million dollar jet, he can afford to pay better than 15k and to find someone better qualified than me (and most pilots I know) to babysit his kids. If he only flies it a couple hundred hours a year, well, maybe he shouldn't own a jet or hire a pilot. that's what charter operators and/or contract pilots are for. But it doesn't matter, the guy probably had fifty Riddle Daytona graduates knocking at his door (sorry, with the Florida reference and all, it was just too easy to take the Riddle shot.)

Wrong, wrong, wrong!!!!!!!!!! No pilot should be sitting the kids and tutoring them.

If someone needs a pilot, than they pay for the pilot, regardless.

15,000 is TOO CHEAP TO SURVIVE! Room and board, ya, a place in their home, well maybe the 19 year old pilot lives at home with mom and dad, then pay him 30,000! Heck I made 4,000 monthly for serving as a flight attendant!

I WOULD NOT BE ALL OVER THIS JOB! Those wages are pigeon crap!

Please refuse jobs, that pay crap like that! Take a job, that pays decent, (I'm not talking tons of money, but money to survive and have your dignity with benefits) We have children too feed! Not just some hotshot owners who offer a place in their garage and have you mathematicaly tutor their kids!

Yeah we went to college and we can add 1 plus 1 equals 2! Perhaps they don't even know what Newtons law is times 26 cosmi\c laws minus 200 30+400 celcius, times 40- intergers 1000,000 figure this one kids!

This job is the perfect thing for somebody out there. Everyone has their own circumstances and their own needs.

hoover said:
This job is the perfect thing for somebody out there. Everyone has their own circumstances and their own needs.

Hoover, please do not take this as a personal disrespect but the last thing this worlds needs is another pilot lowering the bar and our profession because they have their own "circumstances and needs." Is\f this is the case go to work for Gulf Stream airlines or some other lousy outfit. In the mean keep our business professional.

Hey, I am not lowering the profession for anybody. I didn't post the job, I didn't apply for the job, and I am not advocating that someone else should or should not take the job. All I am saying is that the job is what it is, and that there is probably someone out there for whom this job is exactly what they want or need. Who are we to say what that person should or should not do?

hoover said:
Hey, I am not lowering the profession for anybody. I didn't post the job, I didn't apply for the job, and I am not advocating that someone else should or should not take the job. All I am saying is that the job is what it is, and that there is probably someone out there for whom this job is exactly what they want or need. Who are we to say what that person should or should not do?

Like I said not personal. You are correct in your statements. After all this is America

BUT ... operators and those that freely chose this type of job should be called onto the carpet over this.

This is not a hobby. This is a profession and a means to feed our families. The more super zillionares that feel they can get away with this type of BS the lower our job standard sinks. Never make apologizes for asking for a living wage or the industry standard.

Just say "no" and constantly remind people that this is a profession.

Not pesonal, just the way it is.

Latest resources

Back