Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

From RJ pilot point of view, what is most desirable base to fly out of?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Skymeg

Not speaking of any specific airline or flight schedule, what is a favorite base to live at regarding cost of living, area activities, quality of life, etc. Anyone have an opinion?

Not ORD.

SBA would be very, VERY nice if I'd inherited a house from my parents or something...

Rogue5 said:
Not ORD.

SBA would be very, VERY nice if I'd inherited a house from my parents or something...

I've had SBA overnights the last couple months. It would be nice to be based there, if the housing were taken care of.

Portland, Oregon.

Live in Vancouver, WA (no state income tax). Buy stuff in Oregon (no sales tax).

Good weather, lots of outdoor activities and friendly people.

Cheers!

GP

Well lets see, if you took away the afternoon thunderstorms, the lazy rampers, the louzy customer service, the airport being built smack in the middle of the hood, and the occasional cloud that floats by that facilitates a ground stop program, then maybe ATL wouldnt be too bad.

They closed our good base earlier this year. Want to guess where it was??

Just my $.02

Rogue5 said:
Not ORD.

SBA sucks...SMALL town and very, very expensive. The only upside is the amount of hot women.

Latest resources

Back