From Gulfstream International to Delta.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
737 Pylt said:
Hired.....Or so they say! I have searched in DBMS for theses two (Mr. Lisocki and Mr. Fonte) and can't for the life of me find either one! We have not hired since July 2001. I don't like to bash airlines, as that seems to be the norm around here, but this is just out right fraudulent! How many other lies is this operation telling young aviators to dump their money into it!?!?!

http://gulfstreamacademy.com/testimonials3.php
Rant over!

Maybe they're baggage handlers or caterers...

4. (Question) Is airline indoctrination, operations, and systems training conducted using LCD projection displays with professional motion graphics?

(Answer) Learning complicated commercial aircraft regulations and systems is greatly enhanced by the use of high tech learning tools.

HAHAHA.....

This is great stuff.

ReportCanoa said:
Let's do the Math:
Numbers may not lie but we have to do a little math to make sure you are getting the full picture in any given program.

1) Take the entire number of people who have entered a school's training program in the past year (use two if you like).

2) Then, total the number of people who entered the training program but did not graduate for whatever the reason.

3) Total the number who graduated but did not receive a Part-121 first officer position.

4) Add number 2 and number 3 above and this represents the real total of how many entered the program but did not get a job as a Part-121 first officer.

5) To get the actual percentage that entered the program over the past year and did not get a first officer job, just divide the number from 4 above by number from 1 above. There you have it, the percentage of people who entered the training pro-gram and did not get a job as a Part-121 first officer.

For example: If 100 entered the program in number 1 above and in number 4 the total who did not graduate or who did not get first officer jobs when they graduated is 25, then the percentage who did not get a Part-121 first officer position is 25% or in other words 75% got the job they were seeking.

Any program you are inquiring about that cannot give you the above numbers, or does so in such a confusing way that you cannot tell for sure who did what and when, is suspect and you better take a closer look. One way to check the accuracy of what you are being told is to speak with someone else working at the program, ask them the same questions and compare your numbers. It is always a good idea to make sure they can tell you the names of people who have obtained first officer jobs, what airlines they went to, and best of all make sure they can put you in contact with them. We pilots enjoy talking about our industry so follow-up by contacting successful graduates.

There are many good programs out there for you to select from but some information you will receive just has to be put in the "too good to be true bucket" there just is no way it is correct. In my opinion, any program that tells you that something close to 100% of their customers did anything should be looked at very closely.

WTf? I love the Q & A. It doesn't look like marketing guy had antyhing to do with it!! (sarcasm alert)

wmuflyguy said:
WTf? I love the Q & A. It doesn't look like marketing guy had antyhing to do with it!! (sarcasm alert)

More like a secretary with dubious English skills. It's just soooo indicitave of the type of operation that is Gulfscrotum...

Why would they spell the word "program" as "pro-gram" anyway? Also, who is their customer audience? I mean...really...teaching people how to do percentage calculations in a FAQ? Wow...scary. By the way, did they even answer #9 or #10? I didn't see an affirmative or a resounding no. Also, where did they pull this less than six year old aircraft figure from? I trained for my PVT in a 1974 single engine a couple of years ago. I'm still here.

Last edited:
Jesus H. Christ...I am less intelligent than I was when I started to read their Q & A. Must consume more Gin & Tonic to make things all better.

"Gulfscrotum"...Thank you, that was hysterical.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back