Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

737 Pylt

Um....Floats anyone??
Hired.....Or so they say! I have searched in DBMS for theses two (Mr. Lisocki and Mr. Fonte) and can't for the life of me find either one! We have not hired since July 2001. I don't like to bash airlines, as that seems to be the norm around here, but this is just out right fraudulent! How many other lies is this operation telling young aviators to dump their money into it!?!?!

http://gulfstreamacademy.com/testimonials3.php
Rant over!

737 Pylt said:
Hired.....Or so they say! I have searched in DBMS for theses two (Mr. Lisocki and Mr. Fonte) and can't for the life of me find either one! We have not hired since July 2001. I don't like to bash airlines, as that seems to be the norm around here, but this is just out right fraudulent! How many other lies is this operation telling young aviators to dump their money into it!?!?!

Rant over!

That "testimonial" is basically a huge lie, likely without the knowledge or consent of either Delta pilot. I don't know Mr. Fonte, but I remember Mr. Lisocki from when he was going through training at GIA. He was an FE at Delta and all of the 3-crew planes started getting parked. Delta offered the FEs right seat slots if they went out and got a certain amount of turbine time (can't remember the specifics). A few of them went down to GIA so they could get their quick couple hundred hours of turbine and they immediately left to go back to Delta. Saying they were "hired" by Delta is ridiculous. They had worked there for years before GIA ever came into the picture.

http://gulfstreamacademy.com/newwebsite/flight_faq.html#seven

From the Gulfstream FAQ's

7. (Question) Are the aircraft I will be flying equipped with an autopilot?

(Answer) Flying with an autopilot reduces your opportunity to lean how to handle a commercial aircraft and is not recommended to the initial first officer who wants to maximize their learning.

Now isn't that a hoot....

Click on the above link for more fun.

If someone can explain #17 to me, that would be great. I've read it twice and I'm still confused.

737 Pylt said:

Rant over!

LOL....Look at Clay Murphy's testimonial. Whoever typed it up didn't even proofread it. It says "stated" instead of "started." They can't even spell.

Where Can I sign Up... Sounds like a really great DEAL!! LOL
I do know of a couple of guys that took that route! One did make it to Delta, however he was a Navy Helicopter pilot that went there upgraded and with his military background (USNA Also) got to Delta fast...... But that is way not the norm! And I know for sure he wouldn't allow them to use his picture, he was kinda ashamed as it was being down there, but was a shoe in at Delta.... Can't blame him there!

Last edited:
You're right- pretty pathetic. The aforementioned pilot whose testimonial wasn't even proofread has been a CRJ CA for at least 2 yrs (I know- I flew w/ him almost 2 yrs ago). I guess they can't even "Update" when it benefits them!?!?!! Ugh
.. And RE: FAQ question #17- WTF??!! It's like watching a retarded individual try to run a game of 'three-card monty' on the street.

9.QWill I receive international flight experience as a first officer? ABy gaining international flight experience, you will be setting yourself apart from the competition in the airline pilot job market. Today, knowing how to safely operate under customs, Immigration, and Transportation Security Administration regulations is more important than ever.
Island hopping in the Bahamas isn't International Experience.

Get an Atlantic crossing or two under your belt then people may be impressed.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]"I started my airline career with 250 hours, this a great program."[/FONT][/FONT]

wow thats safe

Let's do the Math:
Numbers may not lie but we have to do a little math to make sure you are getting the full picture in any given program.

1) Take the entire number of people who have entered a school's training program in the past year (use two if you like).

2) Then, total the number of people who entered the training program but did not graduate for whatever the reason.

3) Total the number who graduated but did not receive a Part-121 first officer position.

4) Add number 2 and number 3 above and this represents the real total of how many entered the program but did not get a job as a Part-121 first officer.

5) To get the actual percentage that entered the program over the past year and did not get a first officer job, just divide the number from 4 above by number from 1 above. There you have it, the percentage of people who entered the training pro-gram and did not get a job as a Part-121 first officer.

For example: If 100 entered the program in number 1 above and in number 4 the total who did not graduate or who did not get first officer jobs when they graduated is 25, then the percentage who did not get a Part-121 first officer position is 25% or in other words 75% got the job they were seeking.

Any program you are inquiring about that cannot give you the above numbers, or does so in such a confusing way that you cannot tell for sure who did what and when, is suspect and you better take a closer look. One way to check the accuracy of what you are being told is to speak with someone else working at the program, ask them the same questions and compare your numbers. It is always a good idea to make sure they can tell you the names of people who have obtained first officer jobs, what airlines they went to, and best of all make sure they can put you in contact with them. We pilots enjoy talking about our industry so follow-up by contacting successful graduates.

There are many good programs out there for you to select from but some information you will receive just has to be put in the "too good to be true bucket" there just is no way it is correct. In my opinion, any program that tells you that something close to 100% of their customers did anything should be looked at very closely.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back