• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

From cargo to a Major airline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One more peice of info. That one guy at AirNet that went to SouthWest was not a guy, however she was very good looking. You do the math.

exchexflyer said:
Possible? Yes. Likely? No. This has been discussed in length here on previous posts. I am in the opinion that 121 is more of what ups/fedex and majors are looking for. I used to work for airnet and I knew one guy that went from captain in the lear to southwest. That was the only one out of many others that were trying very hard.

I went straight from 135 on-demand freight to Brown. Of course this was pre-9/11, but I don't think things have changed much. I had zero 121 experience.

Clean record, 1000PIC turbine (minimum), and some contacts. The latter is probably what is going to get one an interview, assuming all other qualifications are met.

After 9/11 all that matters is a LOR. If you have one doesn't matter what you flew as far as you don't have any violation and never fail on the can test even the 1k hour pic turbine can be in anything including caravans if you have that letter but if you don't have the LOR forget it you cannot even dream.

k2774 said:
Can someone discuss the ease or difficulty of transitioning from a cargo carrier to a major(FEDEX, UPS)? Is this even possible?
Yes you can, but I don't know how. I have a friend that went from a small freight operator to FEDEX, and is doing well.

PIC turbine time..

Clyde said:
I went straight from 135 on-demand freight to Brown. Of course this was pre-9/11, but I don't think things have changed much. I had zero 121 experience.

Clean record, 1000PIC turbine (minimum), and some contacts. The latter is probably what is going to get one an interview, assuming all other qualifications are met.

You only have 4000+ and you were hired at UPS pre 911... WTF? over?

Latest resources

Back