• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

From Apaad We Won!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When I turn 60, I'll have the chance to say, "Well, since the age 60 rule changed, I'm missing $750,000 in career earnings, so I probably need to stay for a few extra years to make it up."

Age 65: Allowing pilots all over to work for free for 2-3 years.

Fuzzy math.

Fuzzy math.

Hardly. Take the pay difference between CA and FO in a year. Multiply that by 5 years. Factor in the smaller contributions into a B-fund and compound interest that over 25-30 years (there's the closest part of fuzzy)..

Even skipping the B-fund/interest, the pay difference between CA and FO for five years is a few hundred grand easily.

The best part is now USP and Fedex have 500 ropes that are now senior captains again. They'll have to pay them captains pay to sit sideways, otherwise face the enormous cost of displacing the entire pilot group. Either way it will cost the company millions.

The best part is now USP and Fedex have 500 ropes that are now senior captains again. They'll have to pay them captains pay to sit sideways, otherwise face the enormous cost of displacing the entire pilot group. Either way it will cost the company millions.

I think it would be discrimination if they don't go back to the left seat.

I think it would be discrimination if they don't go back to the left seat.
I guess they could put all the line holders back to reserve. Oh that sucks.....I don't think the people pushing this really thought this through. For the company to minimize the money lost on this, all their lines will built to make their lives a living hell.

Last edited:
Senate passed HR 4343 by unanimous consent this evening at roughly 2145.

When Bush signs it, it's law.

Hayes, etc. will present it to White House tomorrow AM to try to get this signed
ASAP.

More info tomorrow.

Why don't I just give you my ATM pin number. I suppose you feel you're entitled to that too. Thanks a lot. Way to lack the class of your predecessors. You bunch of greedy pricks.

Well overall this sucks. I have no intrest in flying until 65. Some guys do, just not me. Now comes the real problem. Be ready for a very complete physical.

Well, we can always hope that a bunch of them fall on the jetway or getting out of hotel vans and break a hip. Or maybe they'll just wander off and get lost in the terminal as dementia hits. I wonder what the traveling public will think when they are stumbling around the terminal looking dazed and confused and can't find their way to the gate???

Oh well, at least the Dutch have started the process to make it better... http://archives.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/europe/04/01/netherlands.euthanasia/ (okay, I'm kidding about the Holland thing...)

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back