• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

From Apaad We Won!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are one seriously condescending dude.

You are kidding right? How much hand holding do we need here? Are we not professionals? Professionals don't need to be supervised...

It amazes me that pilots think like this.... they hand over the keys to thier careers to people they don't vote for and then they complain that no one does what they want.... even though they haven't told anybody what they want...

My goal is get people motivated... if holding up a mirror is condescending then change ones look...

I wonder how many flights will cancel tommorrow because of younger pilots calling in sick with excessively sore anuses ?

Hey Super pilot....you don't look like one either, just another mom and dad grad school pilot that wants to be an airline pilot. His profile did not appear to have any airline DNA in it. Get over it, nothing here to see...just move on now.

Spooky 2 when you ASSUME you make an ASS out of U and ME only in this case just you. I guess since I paid my own way through flight school years ago and have flown, corporate jets, regionals and am now a legacy pilot I am not a airline pilot........guess I just dress up and go to work at my imaginary airline... I still don't want to work past 45 and there is no way I am dying at the controls but power to ya if thats your dream.

The minority has outmaneuvered the majority.. Good show, APAAD...

I will gladly vote to decertify ALPA at my carrier. I would rather go it alone with a stand alone union than be lied to by the union I pay to watch over my career progression.

If you are in your early 30s and work at "legacy" carrier, you just lost over $500,000 today. Congrats. You can make it up, however. If you fly past 60, you'll make up that extra half million by age 63... Three years more work for free, or 3 years of docked salary and be out by 60, however you want to look at it. Enjoy.

I'm in my mid 30's at a legacy. To me this is a bit of a push to do something else as a career. I used to be proud of being an airline pilot. Today I think I'm a little disgusted.

The minority has outmaneuvered the majority.. Good show, APAAD...

I will gladly vote to decertify ALPA at my carrier. I would rather go it alone with a stand alone union than be lied to by the union I pay to watch over my career progression.

If you are in your early 30s and work at "legacy" carrier, you just lost over $500,000 today. Congrats. You can make it up, however. If you fly past 60, you'll make up that extra half million by age 63... Three years more work for free, or 3 years of docked salary and be out by 60, however you want to look at it. Enjoy.

Actually, we figured the number a little closer to $800K. Oh, but I know the 59 year olds earned those 5 extra years. On the bright side, those of us who just won 5 more years as FOs will look like real heros when the old guys start checking out mid-flight and we're single pilot. AWESOME!

Actually, we figured the number a little closer to $800K. Oh, but I know the 59 year olds earned those 5 extra years. On the bright side, those of us who just won 5 more years as FOs will look like real heros when the old guys start checking out mid-flight and we're single pilot. AWESOME!

I was being conservative for argument's sake, but I agree wholeheartedly with you analysis.

Hey Super pilot....you don't look like one either, just another mom and dad grad school pilot that wants to be an airline pilot. His profile did not appear to have any airline DNA in it. Get over it, nothing here to see...just move on now.

Ok mrs. high and mighty,

Please exlain how first you say his profile didnt show any airline in it but it had CRJ in it at the time.

Also please explain how you pulled mom and dad grad school pilot out of mine. I paid my way through college and in fact i am still paying for it. How about your profile, should i call you out and say your a Fraud!! Wait dont bother you have already proved yourself as to what you truly are but I will leave that alone, you did a good enough job proving yourself!!:cool:

Well Prater might have got himself and his old cronies an extra 5 years but at what cost? ALPA's Credibility and sustainability?

IMHO the best thing that could come out of all of this is the destruction of an organisation that is no longer representing the interest of the vast majority of its members. Forget about getting involved in the process YADA YADA YADA....its gone to far for that.

In reality, the only thing that is going to send a message to ALPA is mass decertifications and a continuing drop in memberships.

I for one would not be upset to see ALPA thrown under a bus because its not really represented the majority of our interests for a long long time.

Time to burn it down!

Latest resources

Back