Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

From 121 Captain to 135 PC-12? Thoughts?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hellas said:
Going into Corp. world you must consider that the flight dept. can go at any time and options must always be ther for you whether it be another corp. flight dept or an airline. And as for the QOL issue that is king but so is feeding your family for the long term seems to edge that out. By the way, what 121 carrier lets you become pic with less than 2000 TT, curious?

Yeah, that airline job will definitely feed your family for a lifetime!! Just ask the 1999 through early 2001 new-hires (whatever years they were hired but now on the street) at UAL, Delta, and AA. They probably thought the same thing, but now they are out of their major airline job. I'm not poking fun at these guys, just providing an example. JetBlue and Airtran are good airlines, but prior to 9-11, so were the above airlines. $hit happens in this industry. You won't know if you made the right choice until the day you retire.

BTW, I know Great Lakes will upgrade pilots as long as they can hold Captain and have ATP mins.

Last edited:
Pilot_Ryan said:
That's a big problem for me considering my profession, but I've got a 15-month old daughter and a little boy on the way, and having multiple days per week at home with them, plus almost every night, is just what the doctor ordered.

-Ryan

Good luck with your decision and congrats with the rugrats.

miles otoole said:
Good luck with your decision and congrats with the rugrats.

no kidding...I dont have a family to worry about yet.

Well...who knows what job will give you the sure thing for the future. The best advice I have recieved so far is from an America West captain which was basically try not to plan for the long long run in such a fragile industry, figure out what is most important to you in life and find a job that gets as close to that as possible...supporting the important things in life rather than chasing career aspirations will pay off bigger....and surprisingly will work out career wise in the long run.

If you would have asked me a year or two ago I would have told you my career is most important in my life. Now I am afraid of wasting my life in search of a career. I want to be home and happy first and foremost...having a good flying job is second but very important to me as well. Corporate or 121 I would be happy just flying for a living, but I want the one that supports idea #1 first.

Who knows....what an industry.

Last edited:
I'd go ahead and send in your resume and go to the interview. Don't worry about having to make a choice until you actually have an offer on the table. Personally, I'd go for QOL no matter what equipment it would be. Good luck, go get'em.

FF

hey, but the truth is the whole industry has gone to hell anyway..so go with your heart and mind and make a good decision and always make it GOD, Family and work.

Latest resources

Back