• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Friendly request...especially to new grnd controllers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ummm, ATC stands for Air Traffic Control.

They're not coordinators, they're controllers. Whatever...

Yea, the "co-ordinators" help the aircraft "manipulators" find their way and stay clear of other "flying machines"

[/QUOTE]"While we're airing more peeves: here is one about other pilots on the radio (as I said..i have many about other pilots):
--Pilot entering pattern at uncontrolled field:
-"XYZ traffic, Cessna N1234A inbound on 45, left traffic, Rwy 30; XYZ traffic"
-"XYz trraffic, Cessna N1234A on left downwind, Rwy 30; xyz traffic"
-"XYZ traffic, Cessna N1234A on left base, Rwy 30; xyz traffic"
-"XYZ traffic, Cessna N1234A on final, Rwy 30; XYZ traffic"

..Nothing wrong with the above, correct?? Definitely got the AIM-recommended full call sign in there 4 times...(and rope for FAA to hang you with on the recorded freq if you accidentally clip a rwy light or something)

IMHO... who gives a SH!t what your bloody tail # is?!! If I am close enough to read your #s; we have perhaps both made a series of gross procedural nav and/or comm errors worthy of evasive maneuvers. (hint..there is a reason why they ask for the colors of the airplane when you file a flt plan-- the tail # is just so the search team on the ground can confirm the wreckage is your bird//another hint..when ATC calls taffic to you under radar service-- they typically say "cessna skyhawk", not "Cessna N1234A").
As you'd guess by now, the information that IS helpful to me, however, is your position (of course) and what TYPE of Cessna you are. Citation, Caravan, C-150, C172...what? When I do fly GA, it is often with buddies in their planes and they are guilty of this also.. and I make my point (and suggestion) subtly. It is almost always well-recieved. This is a pet peeve that is actually rooted in safety; not just efficiency on the radio.[/QUOTE]

I disagree for several reasons. First off the reason you file a flight plan with a tail number is so ATC knows who you are. Do you open your flight plan by saying "Center, green and white Cessna off ABC IFR to XYZ"? Second, having instructed at a school where we had 5 172's all painted the same colors with often several in the pattern at the same time how else could you differentiate who is who? Third, I have never in my life heard a Citation, Caravan, Conquest, etc driver call himself a Cessna. As far as a differentiating between a 172, 152, 182, who cares. They are all slow with one engine and a wing on top. From half a mile away you can hardly tell one from the other. Lastly using your call sign with each tx is a good habit that folds right into ATC procedures.

Just my .02

Last edited:
are you really an airbus pilot?

Here's a typical (as in EVERY time) exchange when I call for taxi from my home (Class D) airport:

ME: "XXX ground, Skyhawk N1234A, ready to taxi from A2 hangars and copy IFR clearance to KXYZ with ATIS Z".

BM,

So you're requesting to taxi & also stating you're ready to copy your IFR clearance?

I don't want you anywhere near me on the airport while you're doing this. Think back to when you got your instrument rating, you always got your clearance first, then asked to taxi. Why do you think the FAA recently changed the taxi procedures at all the airports? Because of knuckleheads not paying attention and causing runway incursions.
Where do you have to be so quickly? Just get your IFR clearance first, only takes 10 seconds. :rolleyes: geez

Seriously, what's up with these retarded controllers?

-"Ready to taxi with Mike"

-"Ok,via Alpha taxi to 3-4.....and advise you have information Mike"

Yes mo-ron.. I done told you once!

Never fails.

"While we're airing more peeves: here is one about other pilots on the radio (as I said..i have many about other pilots):
--Pilot entering pattern at uncontrolled field:
-"XYZ traffic, Cessna N1234A inbound on 45, left traffic, Rwy 30; XYZ traffic"
-"XYz trraffic, Cessna N1234A on left downwind, Rwy 30; xyz traffic"
-"XYZ traffic, Cessna N1234A on left base, Rwy 30; xyz traffic"
-"XYZ traffic, Cessna N1234A on final, Rwy 30; XYZ traffic"

..Nothing wrong with the above, correct?? Definitely got the AIM-recommended full call sign in there 4 times...(and rope for FAA to hang you with on the recorded freq if you accidentally clip a rwy light or something)

IMHO... who gives a SH!t what your bloody tail # is?!! If I am close enough to read your #s; we have perhaps both made a series of gross procedural nav and/or comm errors worthy of evasive maneuvers. (hint..there is a reason why they ask for the colors of the airplane when you file a flt plan-- the tail # is just so the search team on the ground can confirm the wreckage is your bird//another hint..when ATC calls taffic to you under radar service-- they typically say "cessna skyhawk", not "Cessna N1234A").
As you'd guess by now, the information that IS helpful to me, however, is your position (of course) and what TYPE of Cessna you are. Citation, Caravan, C-150, C172...what? When I do fly GA, it is often with buddies in their planes and they are guilty of this also.. and I make my point (and suggestion) subtly. It is almost always well-recieved. This is a pet peeve that is actually rooted in safety; not just efficiency on the radio.[/QUOTE]

I disagree for several reasons. First off the reason you file a flight plan with a tail number is so ATC knows who you are. Do you open your flight plan by saying "Center, green and white Cessna off ABC IFR to XYZ"? Second, having instructed at a school where we had 5 172's all painted the same colors with often several in the pattern at the same time how else could you differentiate who is who? Third, I have never in my life heard a Citation, Caravan, Conquest, etc driver call himself a Cessna. As far as a differentiating between a 172, 152, 182, who cares. They are all slow with one engine and a wing on top. From half a mile away you can hardly tell one from the other. Lastly using your call sign with each tx is a good habit that folds right into ATC procedures.

Just my .02[/QUOTE]

My Thoughts exactly.
It's type and call sign. Truckers using a CB differentiate themselves as Black Kenworth or nice looking Red Peterbilt. If you want to bust your flying buddies balls (must be fun to hang with) hav them make initial contact with Gulfstream 1234XZ with subsequent calls made as Gulfstream 4XZ.

Latest resources

Back