• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Freight job in Florida.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Why go to a comapny where an upgrade is to a twin piston? Airnet starts you in a piston twin and the upgrade is a Learjet."

Good question, I asked myself the same thing. I am still just looking at the options but am a little reluctant to sighn the year agreement deal. Thanks for the info though.

As Starcheckdriver said, I too work @ Airnet come here we need good pilots and it is a great place to work.

Really the year contract is nothing, think of it this way... In a years time you will have been exposed to everything mother nature has to throw at you. Your confidence level will increase 10x's, and your time will be much more marketable. Then at the end of 12months you'll have some options, either go to a regional or upgrade to the Lear but at least you have choices. Airnet also has a pretty respectable training department so thats another plus. Some of these fly by night companies just give you 2 days of school then your on your own. Airnet has a 5-6 week training program, call it overkill but I am glad I learned what I did. Good luck!!! Hope this helps

starcheckdriver said:
Why go to a comapny where an upgrade is to a twin piston? Airnet starts you in a piston twin and the upgrade is a Learjet. We hire guys as low as 25 multi.

Why do some Airnet guys feel the need to act superior to ANY other freight company? We all do the same thing, and basically have the same job. FLX, RamEx, Airnet, etc. all have pro's and cons. We are all going to be working for the same companies soon anyway, whether it's a regional, fractional, or corporate. Lighten up, we'll probably be flying together someday, and I just don't need to hear how cool you are...................:rolleyes:

Art Vandalay

Dude, myself and driver never said we were superior or that Airnet was the best company out there. I just know of a few that I wouldn't fly for. Just trying to share that info w/ everyone... happy flying

rubicon789 said:
As Starcheckdriver said, I too work @ Airnet come here we need good pilots and it is a great place to work.

Really the year contract is nothing, think of it this way... In a years time you will have been exposed to everything mother nature has to throw at you. Your confidence level will increase 10x's, and your time will be much more marketable. Then at the end of 12months you'll have some options, either go to a regional or upgrade to the Lear but at least you have choices. Airnet also has a pretty respectable training department so thats another plus. Some of these fly by night companies just give you 2 days of school then your on your own. Airnet has a 5-6 week training program, call it overkill but I am glad I learned what I did. Good luck!!! Hope this helps

A year would be along time if I had to be flying a C-208... I love how airnet pilots think there building turbine PIC time that is usefull flying a C-208! You tell an interviewer at FedEx you got 1000 turbine PIC, they will say Great! What in? A C-208... Ohhhhh, haha...

Execstar out of FXE was a pretty reputable company. Maintenance was top notch as well. Lot of guys made a careers there.

The mighty Caravan PIC time might not be good, but with alot of Lear Captains getting on at majors recently, the Lear upgrade time sounds like it is shrinking at AirNet. If I was still at AirNet, I'd be 2 spots from upgrading to Lear Captain. I started groundschool in December 2003. So less than 2 years from newby to Lear Captain is what I would have been looking at. Now that is some PIC turbine time that is more respectable. But if you want to fly a 210 and have no where further to progress than a Baron, by all means, go for it. I will also chime in and say that AirNet is a GREAT Company. I spent 4.5 years with them as a ramper (3 years) and pilot for 1.5 getting a chance to fly the Lear 35. Best flying I ever did. I'm now sitting reserve at a regional, but long term pay will be better here and I get to live back home in Denver. Look at what you want in a career and find the best company that suits those desires. GOOD LUCK!!

USC328

Foward or Lateral Moves....

USC328 said:
The mighty Caravan PIC time might not be good, but with alot of Lear Captains getting on at majors recently, the Lear upgrade time sounds like it is shrinking at AirNet. If I was still at AirNet, I'd be 2 spots from upgrading to Lear Captain. I started groundschool in December 2003. So less than 2 years from newby to Lear Captain is what I would have been looking at. Now that is some PIC turbine time that is more respectable. But if you want to fly a 210 and have no where further to progress than a Baron, by all means, go for it. I will also chime in and say that AirNet is a GREAT Company. I spent 4.5 years with them as a ramper (3 years) and pilot for 1.5 getting a chance to fly the Lear 35. Best flying I ever did. I'm now sitting reserve at a regional, but long term pay will be better here and I get to live back home in Denver. Look at what you want in a career and find the best company that suits those desires. GOOD LUCK!!

USC328

I guess it depends where your at in your flying career... I want every job move to be a foward career move. With 2100tt, 350 multi at a stable FAR 135 company flying scheduled freight & pop-up pax charters in a C-310R. I would not sign a year contract to fly a twin piston (PA-31, BE-55) or single engine turbo prop (C-208). That a lateral move... Now a Multiengine Turbo Prop job as PIC in a (BE99, BE1900, SA-227, etc...) That would be a foward move especial in the airplanes that require a type rating...

I know what you Airnet pilots are going to say, "The Lear, The Lear!" Yes LR-35 would be nice...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back