• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Freedom will set up in Orlando

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No but seriously, that seems to be the problem I have seen from a lot of regional pilots. We all dont own the flying, it's the majors who do and they decide who flys the routes

I thought the major boys were winey biitches... You regional boys are worse.

Last week it was Freedom, Yesterday Go-jet, today CHQ, this hour AirWiskey, next hour ASA, tomorrow ComAir.

Complain about everything, this flyings mine, no that flying is mine, I had this flying 1st....mine...mine ... mine....mine...mine...

You remind me of the dam.n seagulls on "Finding Nemo."

Mine...Mine...Mine.......

JUST REMEBER....THIS IS A FREE CAPITAL MARKET PLACE!

NO-ONE OR NO THING IS SACRED!

From the cover of a September 1983 AIR LINE PILOT magazine...

"If unity at the national level is diluted, we would eventually face pilots giving away long-and-hard-fought-for gains that would eventually pit pilot group against pilot group."
David L. Behncke,
ALPA Founder

KingKong2 said:
I thought the major boys were winey biitches... You regional boys are worse.

Last week it was Freedom, Yesterday Go-jet, today CHQ, this hour AirWiskey, next hour ASA, tomorrow ComAir.

Complain about everything, this flyings mine, no that flying is mine, I had this flying 1st....mine...mine ... mine....mine...mine...

You remind me of the dam.n seagulls on "Finding Nemo."

Mine...Mine...Mine.......

JUST REMEBER....THIS IS A FREE CAPITAL MARKET PLACE!

NO-ONE OR NO THING IS SACRED!

KingKong2 you are my hero!!!!!
WP

ERJJeff said:
General - I am not new and not a F.A.G. - just tired of you and the Air Wiskey guys trying to put yourself on a high horse - you guys were FIRED !!!!!!!!

Right idea, wrong order. Thanks for playing!

Freedumb no more

embraerjetpilot said:
disregard... thought freedom was a bad airline..didnt realize it was now unionized.

Freedom was captured in scope language in our last "negotiation". All the Freedom "A" pilots have been absorbed back in to the Mesa list(read - you're my bitch now). The certificate was cleared of everything but one pilot, one manager and one airplane. They did this to keep it alive for some reason.

I don't exactly know why they are using the Freedom certificate on the DAL Connection flying. We've asked the question and were given the reply "DAL SCOPE". However, someone on this forum told me that the scope language at DAL was loosened up and didn't require Mesa to do this.

Who knows? Regardless, the flying is going to Mesa's Unionized Freedom certificate. The guys going over there are most likely the one's who DID NOT go to the non-union carrier. The Freedom's "A" list is out there. Get a copy if you want one.

I won't be denying any jumpseat to any Delta Connection guy and I hope that you don't deny me one. This is a management issue and a strategic partnership. The pilots didn't have anything to do with it.

Looking forward to meeting you around the system.

The more you deny a jumpseat to someone over a management issue - the more you are management's little bitch.

JD

KeroseneSnorter said:
I thought Comair and CHQ flew Deltas flying?

How is this different? (Not a flame, just an honest question) Does Deltas, Comairs, or CHQ,s scope prevent this, or does Delta managment retain the rights to say who flys for them?

Delta's scope is weak, Comair essentially has none, and chautaqua is a result of the aforementioned. Understand?

You know, I find it real ironic to read CHQ pilots refer to the MCO flying as "their flying." Well, I remember a time when all the DCI flying in MCO was done by CMR, all ATL DCI flying was done by ASA, CVG=CMR, oh and let's not forget DFW was all ASA. We didn't "own" any of it, we just got used to it and thought it was a "common law" thing. ACA or Patriot had the northeast after Tran States really dorked it up for Delta and then slowly moved over to do some CVG stuff. CMR came to DFW as did Skywest, who by the way "owned" SLC. CMR then started coming in to ATL, quite heavely I might add, to the point where ASA started shrinking in ATL and growing in DFW. Also, CMR got rid of their E120's in MCO, replaced by $hitty kitty, and then ASA got rid of the E120's in DFW, again replaced by Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Lots of CA's thrown back to the right seat from that one. So I find it very ironic that the $hitty Taco pilots are enraged at the Mesa pilots for coming in to MCO and taking "your flying". Get off it, it is the same F'cking thing you did to CMR and ASA. The only one who holds the key to scoping this is DL mainline, we don't own jack squat! You want to stop the bleeding? Then stop signing sub-standard contracts! This has become the race to the bottom and those of you complaining the most are the ones running the fastest to get to the finish line. Until you guys realize that flying 50-99 seat jets for the same pay is ubsurd, nothing is going to change, so shut up and grow up! And lets not forget that this is the same Shaniqua that is flying American Connection "In Direct Violation of American Eagle Scope"!

DDpaysoff said:
Delta's scope is weak, Comair essentially has none, and chautaqua is a result of the aforementioned. Understand?

O.K. So basically we have a case of a regional pilot wanting to refuse the jumpseat based on the fact that another regional airline is flying something that he sees as "his" flying, when actually "his" flying is not his at all but some one elses "flying" And throughout all this there has been no scope or contract violation. Do I have it about right?

Am I the only one that sees a problem with the logic used here?

Latest resources

Back