• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Freedom will set up in Orlando

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So, what will happen to the MCO based CHQ pilots? Will they be displaced from MCO? Will they all move to FLL?

Bye Bye--General Lee

RP170 said:
I don't think you can find a regional out there now either where you can be an FO right out of training and have 16 days off per month right off the bat with no reserve. CHQ has to have the best schedules (QOL) out of all the regionals. Thank god for pref. bidding. It's not always just about the pay and I think a lot of the guys on here don't realize that. All they see is the $'s and not the QOL.

knock wood but....

I had 18 days off my first month. I've been a line holder since day 3. (Sat two days of reserve)

Avg days off 16. Haven't heard of a pilot sitting ready reserve...umm, ever.
No Hi-speeds. Ability to be in the base you want within' 2-3 months out of training as a new hire...max, usually you will end up in your base choice within' a month or two.

And we are growing. Look back at Comair's contract before the strike, when they too were a contract carrier. How was it?
Oil prices, a lagging economy and the fact that CHQ has had more than 500 pilots for maybe what, 3-4 years....

I think things are wonderful here, and moving in the right direction, for our place in time. I guess I've just learned to be happy with what I have, look forward to what the futue has to bring, and enjoy every single day of what I do.

T-Hawk

P.S. You know, if any of us sitting around b!tching were standing next to the "just soloed" version of ourselves way back when, we'd probably get btchslapped a good 2 or 3 times.

ERJDRVR2 said:
Why the $34 rate for Fo's ??? We have beaten this one to death. That is due to the J4J deal with Airways. There Fo's came in making top FO pay.
we have no 4 year Fo's on property. We will in the future, but by that time we are into the next contract.

As far as AMR, you said we were in vioation. We are no longer due to RP/SA/CHQ. word games/paper games, we are not in violation.

Now I am just educating you ". Being @ CHQ, we have learned to take in on the chin for many years from the W/O's. If you have a valid shot, we will take it, but do you homework "sport" and try to know what you are talking about, not what just some crusty/pissed off capt told you in the cockpit.

OVER

First off, take some blood pressure meds, you're about to explode.

You make a lot of "iffy" statements above like "by that time we will have a new contract..." What else does your cryatal ball say?

With regards to the AMR situation, I said "American Connection in Direct Violation of American Eagle Scope" You corrected me in saying that because of all the new certificates, etc. that you are no longer in violation, in which you would be correct, is it still not an end run around the Eagle contract? Was the intent of the Eagle scope language supposed to allow this sort of loop hole? Do the pilots at Eagle now embrace you as a fellow aviator? I bet not, I mention the word Chubacha to my buds at Eagle and they get a little hot under the collar. So I will simply change my phrase a little "American Connection, Indirectly Violating American Eagle Scope." Happy Sport?

So instead of pretending to know me, and what I may or may not know, try being a little less combative and some one might actually take you seriously.

And if you think things are "rosy" over at CHQ and nothing can go wrong, give it few years because that is subject to change!

Oh yeah, before you get all huffy puffy about my butchering your company's name, chill I just don't know how to spell it correctly!

GoJetPilot said:
Actually, it will belong to Go Jets in the near future

enjoy!

You are, by far, the biggest IDIOT that ever came down the pike. Must feel good flying a 70 seat jet for Wal-Mart wages. When are you guys gonna wake up? The airline pilot profession DESERVES to be paid a descent wage. But guys like you are willing to through away all of the hard work and effort other pilot groups have accomplished. Do you realize that the dumba$$ that takes your order at Wendy's is making more than you. I'll bet he didn't have to go through all of the training and studying you had to do to get qualified. Hell, you and I busted our ass to get where we are. Have some self respect. One day you're gonna realize the mistake you're making, but by then, it will be too late.

Plug said:
Do the pilots at Eagle now embrace you as a fellow aviator? I bet not, I mention the word Chubacha to my buds at Eagle and they get a little hot under the collar.

Yet they are always more than happy to grab a jumpseat form them. We're all in this together. Stop blaming other pilot groups. We fly for a living, all of us.

ERJDRVR2 said:
Just an FYI (butt) PLUG,, we didn't take any pay cuts for aircraft. Keep that in mind before you start running your mouth about $$$.

A lot of folks would argue that you agreed to a substandard contract because a lot of new airplanes were promised to you if you would sign on.

I don't worry about this crap any more. The damage is done. ALPA , in it's efforts to protect Mainline Pilots at all cost, has thrown the Regional Pilots to the wolves.
This is the reality we all must accept. No more bickering from me. You gotta do what you gotta do and if we have to negotiate for more planes after the 35 are delivered, so be it.

ERJJeff said:
I wouldn't keep Air Wiskey out of the bottom feeder label as they were fired from United and had to buy their way into Airways - welcome to the bottom brothers my brothers - get off the high horse general

Air Wisconsin did not have to buy there way into anything. Strategic Investment is what happened with US Airways and it saved United's Largest partner in the US. It was *AFTER* ZW bought into US that UAL compleatly withdrew the flying.

update

bustinmins said:
Freedom was captured in scope language in our last "negotiation". All the Freedom "A" pilots have been absorbed back in to the Mesa list(read - you're my bitch now). The certificate was cleared of everything but one pilot, one manager and one airplane. They did this to keep it alive for some reason.

I don't exactly know why they are using the Freedom certificate on the DAL Connection flying. We've asked the question and were given the reply "DAL SCOPE". However, someone on this forum told me that the scope language at DAL was loosened up and didn't require Mesa to do this.

Who knows? Regardless, the flying is going to Mesa's Unionized Freedom certificate. The guys going over there are most likely the one's who DID NOT go to the non-union carrier. The Freedom's "A" list is out there. Get a copy if you want one.

I won't be denying any jumpseat to any Delta Connection guy and I hope that you don't deny me one. This is a management issue and a strategic partnership. The pilots didn't have anything to do with it.

Looking forward to meeting you around the system.

The more you deny a jumpseat to someone over a management issue - the more you are management's little bitch.

JD

I inquired to our MEC about why the Freedom certificate? I also said that I had heard that the DAL scope language didn't prevent us from operating CRJ 900's but it does prevent us from operating the 900's on the same route as DAL. Thus, our HPX flying we do from SLC-LAS and SLC-PHX is in direct competition thus we needed to either isolate the 900's or the Delta flying. Since the HPX contract specifies we will be able to jump between aircraft types CRJ2/7/9 - thus we isolated the DAL flying on the Freedom certificate. Thought you all might be interested as to WHY the Freedom certificate is coming back to life.

JD

To all you Mesa pilots out there who voted down your collective bargaining agreement, kudos to you and thank you for trying to sustain the bar in our industry, which is our livelihood. However to all of you mesa guys that voted the contract in (all 70+% of you) what were you thinking? you guys are more than welcome to ride on my jumpseat and we as other DCI pilots welcome you to the DCI family with open arms. With that said, i really hope that you understand how low you allowed the bar to go. We have to stick together as noone else is going tyo look after us. Welcome aboard !

Traumahawk said:
knock wood but....

P.S. You know, if any of us sitting around b!tching were standing next to the "just soloed" version of ourselves way back when, we'd probably get btchslapped a good 2 or 3 times.

Actually I think some of us would have kicked the cr@p out of our just soloed version so they couldn't get back in the airplane or get a future first class medical.

SLC
:cool:

Latest resources

Back