Freedom will set up in Orlando

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
KeroseneSnorter said:
O.K. So basically we have a case of a regional pilot wanting to refuse the jumpseat based on the fact that another regional airline is flying something that he sees as "his" flying, when actually "his" flying is not his at all but some one elses "flying" And throughout all this there has been no scope or contract violation. Do I have it about right?

Am I the only one that sees a problem with the logic used here?

Pretty stupid right?

How about a nice game of chess?

There was a time not too long ago when I thought a 20 or 30 year career at a regional might be a possibility but that is no longer the case. Seeing how the situation has devolved to multiple companies/pilot groups competing for flying that none of them own, purely on the basis of who can do it at the lowest cost, while there are an excess number of RJ's on the market to fill the demand, all the while with a pilot union that finds this acceptable (even desireable)...I think we all can see the inevitable conclustion to where this is all going. I for one am looking at getting out.

Companies/pilots trying to "win" at the regional game reminds me of that movie Wargames where the computer (Joshua) actually thinks it's possible to "win" a nuclear war. Through time it learns the futility of the whole excercise as it's a game with no winners. It's conclusion seems appropriate for our industry: "A strange game. The only winning move is not to play."

embraerjetpilot said:
disregard... thought freedom was a bad airline..didnt realize it was now unionized.

It was a simple case of stupidity. All you boys like (butt)PLUG need to relax..
The CHQ guys could give two $hits who is flying what.
That CHQ CPT should know better than to post that stupid stuff. BTW he has retracted his statement.

Mesa, welcome to MCO.

ERJDRVR2
CHQ CPT

Plug said:
This has become the race to the bottom and those of you complaining the most are the ones running the fastest to get to the finish line. Until you guys realize that flying 50-99 seat jets for the same pay is ubsurd, nothing is going to change, so shut up and grow up! And lets not forget that this is the same Shaniqua that is flying American Connection "In Direct Violation of American Eagle Scope"!

Just an FYI (butt) PLUG,, we didn't take any pay cuts for aircraft. Keep that in mind before you start running your mouth about $$$.

-AND-

We are not in violation of AMR. Please read up on Republic/Shuttle/CHQ.

No airline is innocent in this game of cut-throat.

Ok. The people on this board take one persons views and think thats how the whole pilot group thinks. The point is, when you work for a contract carrier your life is totally dependent on CONTRACTS.. Contracts come and go.. So Mesa is Orlando now. Big deal.. Its a contract and can go away anytime. The flying is Delta's and no one else. We do it as a contract. Comair and ASA are tied to the mother ship, so their Delta's little puppets. They are simply stuck and have very little control of their flying. Can't go get cotracts with any other airlines. So if you want to control "your" flying, become CEO of one of the airlines, due what you like. Screw everyone in the process and walk away with millions...

Taco1 said:
Contracts come and go.. So Mesa is Orlando now. Big deal.. Its a contract and can go away anytime. The flying is Delta's and no one else. We do it as a contract.

Actually, it will belong to Go Jets in the near future

enjoy!

Otto said:
There was a time not too long ago when I thought a 20 or 30 year career at a regional might be a possibility but that is no longer the case. Seeing how the situation has devolved to multiple companies/pilot groups competing for flying that none of them own, purely on the basis of who can do it at the lowest cost, while there are an excess number of RJ's on the market to fill the demand, all the while with a pilot union that finds this acceptable (even desireable)...I think we all can see the inevitable conclustion to where this is all going. I for one am looking at getting out.

Companies/pilots trying to "win" at the regional game reminds me of that movie Wargames where the computer (Joshua) actually thinks it's possible to "win" a nuclear war. Through time it learns the futility of the whole excercise as it's a game with no winners. It's conclusion seems appropriate for our industry: "A strange game. The only winning move is not to play."

Well put! Wish the 'lifers' around my airline could see the light like you have. The past few years of backstabbing and relentless undercutting has ruined a significant number of careers made-up by the US Domestic market. To you guys who think you are going to fly an RJ for 30 years, congrats on being lazy. I'll take my chances anywhere else.

KeroseneSnorter said:
O.K. So basically we have a case of a regional pilot wanting to refuse the jumpseat based on the fact that another regional airline is flying something that he sees as "his" flying, when actually "his" flying is not his at all but some one elses "flying" And throughout all this there has been no scope or contract violation. Do I have it about right?

Am I the only one that sees a problem with the logic used here?

No, you're right.
Anyone who uses the jumpseat to simulate power or prowess is a jack___. And yes every airline has it's share of jack___'s. In fact were all jack___'s for even being involved in this industry. It's just work guys. 5000.

Latest resources

Back