Freedom to ATL??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok to the original poster's question:
Freedom is the alter ego to Mesa...ie the lower cost option! Sorta like G0Jets is for TSA. They fly E145's in the DCI system. They started coming into ATL C concourse 5/30 or 31.
The pisser is they get the best parking spots from us ASA people who actually are domiciled there (C23 & C25) I would venture to guess this is another slap in the face from managment to remind us how "high" our cost are!

Sinca,

You are not correct. That is the original Freedom. The one flying for DCI now is Mesa same pilot group just Mesa cannot fly for DL because they have CRJ900s flying on their certificate. So Mesa used the Freedom cert for DCI flying. Just like Chautauqua has Shuttle America and Republic.

regionalcap said:
Looks like there will also be E170's in SLC in July to MZT.

uh, the 170 has been doing mzt turns for a couple months now.

I thought ASA was supposed to have 80% of the DCI flying in ATL. How are we able to do this when we share so much of our flying with Comair, CHQ and Freedom? And why are they in ATL? We were doing fine without them!

When Freedom established a domicile at MCO, the Comair station had to buy several of those gawky stairways. As someone mentioned before, If we're not using a jetway, I much prefer the SLC-type swinging ramp. They're much easier on the pax and they're covered, too.

Nothing like pulling up to, but just shy of the jetway in BOS during a downpour and boot the pax across the ramp to climb the porta-stairs to the next jetway over....or DCA for that matter, too!

I saw that Skyway even had those swing-ramps for their 328Js up in MKE!

Latest resources

Back