• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Freedom Pilots Loading Bags

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As a former union rep that dealt with this crap all the time, I can assure you that you are most certainly not covered when you are doing things outside of your job description. If you get injured while throwing bags, then workman's comp doesn't cover your injury. If you injure a wheelchair passenger while pushing them up the jetbridge, then that passenger can hold you personally liable, because you were not trained in the operation of the wheelchair and you were not authorized to handle that job in your job description.
I understand what you're saying, PCL, and it's a valid point, but I'm still not going to leave some 80 year old woman in a wheelchair sitting in a 90 degree ATL jet bridge waiting on some agent to finish lunch and finally come out. I'm going to at least push her up to the concourse, even if it means I'm putting myself at an increased risk.

I'm still not going to leave some 80 year old woman in a wheelchair sitting in a 90 degree ATL jet bridge waiting on some agent to finish lunch and finally come out.

80-year-old no, but a 76-year-old can melt out there, for all I give a ********************.

The FAs recieved training on exactly that...
Don't know who you work for...but that's not training at ANY airline I know. In fact, as is sadly the case everywhere, there is almost ZERO "Operational Training" for the FA's. The 5 hr of IOE is about it. At least in the US...

I don't know about where you work, but it's in the FA's job description at my company. And the last company I worked for also. You may not like it, but it's part of the job.
Post it. It is not in ANY FA's job, at a 121 carrier anyway, maybe in the frac world, to cater to the drivers. Surely you're not too good to get your own trash bag and soda...

I agree with most of your post, but what exactly is wrong with the FO starting up the APU? When I was a CRJ CA, I hated it when I got to the airplane and the FO had been sitting there for 10 minutes in the sweltering heat with no air hooked up and hadn't started the APU. Is it because he was scared of guys like you yelling at him for it? The kid knows how to push a couple of buttons to start the APU, you know.
Maybe it's not in their GOM?

Freedom fuc*ers aren't even worthy of loading bags on a plane.
Sad wankers.
Get back in your 152 and fu*k off, you bunch of twats!!!

reminds me of the captain that bought all his pax an egg McMuffin during a ground stop into ATL.

Great guy right? very generous and thoughtfull of him.

Got called into the chiefs office later that month for a yellfest. The company received several letters it seems. Some praising the Capt, but some were PISSED

1)I only eat kosher, where was MY meal
2)I am a vegetarian
3)What if they got food poisoning. Would the COMPANY get sued?
4)Whaaaa!
5)Whaaaaa!

Ended up in trouble for doing a nice thing. Unfortunatly, this is now the world we live in.

My FA a year ago was denied worker comp because she helped a pax with their bag out of a bin when she hurt herself. Company says it wasn't HER job!!

Latest resources

Back