freedom airlines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cynic

Who is freedom airlines. Looks like they fly for delta.

Freedom airlines was created by Mesa. To ensure Mesa remained on the bottom of the payscale, their management created Freedom to whipsaw one group of pilots against the other. I can't understand how these guys get people to show up at their classes.

I thought Freedom was created to circumvent the restrictions of US' Scope Clause at the time YV got CRJ9s for HP....then eventually when US' scope became relaxed they just ended up putting all or most of their Jungle Jets on the certificate to operate it for Delta

Not flamebaiting here but that was my interpretation of Freedom

-Paul

Freedom airlines was created by Mesa. To ensure Mesa remained on the bottom of the payscale, their management created Freedom to whipsaw one group of pilots against the other. I can't understand how these guys get people to show up at their classes.

Ancient history...the original freedom pilots (freedom A) were alter-ego scumbags who jumped from the mesa list out of seniority. All of these tools were forced back onto the mesa list after MAG alpa traded a concessionary contract to get scope language. Freedom was shut down after that.

The CURRENT freedom airlines (freedom B) uses the same operating certificate, but all the pilots are from the mesa alpa list. Mesa had to use a different cert to do their DCI flying...the mesa cert had too many 900's and would have conflicted with DAL scope.

Ancient history...the original freedom pilots (freedom A) were alter-ego scumbags who jumped from the mesa list out of seniority. All of these tools were forced back onto the mesa list after MAG alpa traded a concessionary contract to get scope language. Freedom was shut down after that.

The CURRENT freedom airlines (freedom B) uses the same operating certificate, but all the pilots are from the mesa alpa list. Mesa had to use a different cert to do their DCI flying...the mesa cert had too many 900's and would have conflicted with DAL scope.

Thanks for clearing things up. I dont know whats up with these guys who give out OLD info about us trying to make us look bad. I think they like to slander us for the certain fact that out of all the DCI cariers,we have the crappiest contract but the best performance :beer: ...Freedom is all ALPA by the way.

Thanks for clearing things up. I dont know whats up with these guys who give out OLD info about us trying to make us look bad. I think they like to slander us for the certain fact that out of all the DCI cariers,we have the crappiest contract but the best performance :beer: ...Freedom is all ALPA by the way.

Dude, have you looked at your completion factor? When gate agents talk about Freedom, it is with an eye roll.

So, was the Freedom certificate a good deal or not?

I laugh when I read crap like this......the biggest B^%$ers about Freedom would have been furloughed when Mesa lost their U flying because there was no place to put the jets. It is OK to do an end run around the DAL scope when it saves your bacon, but when it was to do an end run around the USAir scope, it was an alter-ego, scumbag operation.

It would be funny if it weren't so sad.

A350

That's about the size
(where you put your eyes)
That's about the size of it.

Latest resources

Back