• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JetBlast2000

[font=&quot]Thought you all would enjoy this one from Skyjobs.net!!![/font]

Cessna 525A co-pilot 7/8/2005

[font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] I am a 26 year old pilot with a CJ2 and little over 3500 hours.. I do a lot of volunteering for angel flight america 3*4 times a week and sometimes the flights get boring. I live in the LA area. My aircraft is based at Burbank.. I am looking for someone that is wanting to get some FREE time in a JET... I won't charge for anything. You will be responsible for your own food.. I am home the same day. You WONT get paid for this at all. IF anything you REALLY should be paying me. lol If you are interested e-mail me at [email protected] Don't e-mail me asking the requirements... you either know them or don't. The CJ2 is a single rated plane and I will be PIC.. You will just be helping out and learning.[/font]

So...if its single pilot and you're the PIC exactly how can that even be logged as jet time?

SkyBoy1981 said:
So...if its single pilot and you're the PIC exactly how can that even be logged as jet time?

Your not.... [font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]"You will just be helping out and learning" I.E. a complete waste of time
[/font]

C601 said:
Your not.... [font=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]"You will just be helping out and learning" I.E. a complete waste of time
[/font]
But he's being a nice guy and not charging for it! :rolleyes:

If this dude where at my airport here, i'd consider doing it once or twice just for the 'ride' (hey, i can't say i've been on a bizjet yet), but other than that i wouldn't bother wasting my time.

Go with him. Build the trust and become his friend. Admire his terrific authority of the airplane without being cynical. Be helpful, accomplishing all the BS he will ask of you with a smile on your face and thanking him for the opportunity to fly in his cockpit.

Insist on operating the radios on the leg home. Take an alternately surly and then friendly tone with controllers and be completely unpredictable. Ask other aircraft on the freq what they had for lunch and if they know Joe Edisto, insisting he works for their company, make sure to be argumentative. ALWAYS use your full callsign, ie: CitationJet November blah blah blah for each and every communication. Insist on wearing your oxygen mask through 10,000 feet and leave the interphone on at all times. Make sure to say "annnnd" before each call and "checking in" and "here we go" and a very obnoxious "seeeeeeya!!!" for all communications.

Then at 2 grand on the way into the airport, dump the cabin, and tell him you always wondered what that did. When you get to the FBO, make sure to tell him how much fun you had and that you want to do it again real soon.

Last edited:
It's also not really worth a flight up to his airport. I'm here in Oklahoma :)

Should the opportunity ever arise near me were i wouldn't have to spend a considerable amount of time or money getting too, i'd definitely do it.

its probably BS. He just wants to hook up with some young and eager guy who will do anything for some JET TIME. He might let you log some of it for a little overtime duty!! :(

Latest resources

Back