• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Free Jet Time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If this 26 yo guy is a CFII etc, could it not be loggable as "Dual Instruction received" for the other person in the right seat? And shouldn't he be willing do do that? If not, I'd wonder why.

I think the only positive thing this could do would be to tell a future employer that you spent free time on a single pilot jet to get an idea of how it works. Id say I assissted the captain in flying the jet and it was a great internship opportunity but in no way was loggable (im assuming). I would only do it for maybe 10-20 hours to get a feel but thats it.

I often fly for Angel Flight South Central. They don't require a copilot, but they do encourage the use of "mission assistants".

Mission assistants are usually pilots who are new to Angel Flight, or who don't yet met the requirements to be a mission pilot. They are themselves members.

It's very very helpful to have an assistant on an Angel Flight, it takes a lot of stress out of it. Here in the South Central region the AF office will find an assistant for you if you request one.

I can understand why the inital poster would like to have some help if he is flying Angel Flights, and I'd suggest he just ask the office to help him find an assistant/copilot.

Latest resources

Back