Free Jet Time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FN FAL said:
Rodger that! You'll have to pardon my hearing loss, I've been married for 13.27 years.
But who's counting! :D

English said:
While I agree that the guy writing this seems to have a major ego, and he's pushing free "jet" time that doesn't exist, there is actually a good reason to fly with him (if you can stand it) - the cause of Angel Flight is really a good one. Copilots are required on missions so you'd be fulfilling a vital role in making a flight happen.
If co-pilots are required, could you log the SIC time, as a requirment of the operation?? I remember reading here that while a B200 is a single pilot plane, if the operating requirements required an SIC, it could be logged.

sky37d said:
If co-pilots are required, could you log the SIC time, as a requirment of the operation?? I remember reading here that while a B200 is a single pilot plane, if the operating requirements required an SIC, it could be logged.

I think you can log it, but is considered phantom flight time by most. I had to set a punk FO in a beech 200 straight recently for talking down to me cause I fly a piston twin single pilot. As if being SIC in a B-200 is the most sought after flight experience.

no you can't log it... Why? Because the FAA doesn't require a second pilot to be on board. Just because an insurance company or organization wants you to have a second person on board, does not mean you can log it in accordance with FAA regs.

Now if you go to 135 ops that requires a second in command on single pilot airplanes, you can log it. Why? Because the FAA has approved the operations with 2 pilots, and if you don't have 2 pilots, the operation can't take place. Thus, the FAA requires that 2 pilots be on board and is therefore loggable.

Last edited:
91 said:
I am always a little suspicious of guys who use the term "boi" to identify themselves in any context.

Thats how the gays identify themselves these days "BOI"

That and Super Man tattoos.

mattpilot said:
no you can't log it... Why? Because the FAA doesn't require a second pilot to be on board. Just because an insurance company or organization wants you to have a second person on board, does not mean you can log it in accordance with FAA regs.

Sorry, guys, wrong answer. It's not whether the airplane is considered "single pilot", what matters is whether the pilot in command has a CE525 (crew) rating, or a CE525s (single pilot) rating. If this guy has the CE525 type rating, he CAN'T fly single pilot. He must fly with a copilot. If he has a CE525s, he can fly EITHER single pilot or as a crew. This is a CJ, not a King Air. What matters is the wording in the type certificate for the aircraft. The Cessna 525 type certification data sheet states: “Minimum Crew for all Flights: One pilot (in the left pilot seat) plus additional equipment as specified in the Kinds of Operations Equipment List (KOEL) contained in the Limitations Section of the FAA Approved Airplane Flight Manual or one pilot and one copilot.” That means one or two crew members are required. If the pilot in command or aircraft don't meet the requirement to fly single pilot (like using a headset with a boom mike, having an operative autopilot, amongst other items) a copilot is required.

My first gig in a CJ was as a copilot. I had a 8410 as an SIC. Trust me that I logged legitimate time as SIC, both 135 and 91.

If you really want to delve deeper, read what DOC writes at http://www.propilot.com/doc/bbs/msgs//9481.html

Bottom line is that the guy MIGHT be able to log the time as SIC. It's not as cut and dried as answer as "no you can't log it".

Last edited:
"Boi" George specifically said you couldn't log it with him. So why are you arguing the point?

If this thread spirals into one of those ever-so-exciting "what can I log, dude?" debates I'm going to be forced to put tape over all of your static ports.

Last edited:
I don't think it's arguing the point. It's called educating with factual information. :)

It's a common occurence here for members to associate logging SIC time in a King Air with logging SIC time in a CJ. The association is not relevant.

Besides, I'm one post away from 3000 posts. We've already debated everything else here over the years. What else is left?

Congratulations E. on your 3,000th post!

4 or 5 of them were very insightful! :D :) :p

That many?

I thought most of them were fluff. But thanks for the kind words!

Latest resources

Back