Free Jet Time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
YourNameHere said:
Co-Pilots are not required on Angel Flights. I fly several Angel Flight missions a month and am often single pilot.

OK. My mistake. I used to do lots of Angel Flights missions in the late 90s and "mission assistants" were required back then.

FN FAL said:
How do you know that the jet time doesn't exist?

I wrote that FREE jet time doesn't exist. You didn't read the whole sentence.

I e-mailed him; supposedly a CFI, CFI-I, and MEI and has been flying since he was 8 yrs old. 26yr old punk if you ask me.

I am always a little suspicious of guys who use the term "boi" to identify themselves in any context.

I don't think I would go to the trouble of advertising for somebody who would essentially be a companion on the trips. It seems a little weird. I can only imagine that somebody who flies a CJ2 for personal trips knows enough people (pilots and non-pilots) who would jump at the opportunity.

Regarding Angel Flight - what a great organization. I've been a pilot with them for a little over 2 years and still get a kick out of it. They only require the pilot. A co-pilot or mission assistant is purely optional but I take one whenever I can. I hate the long dead heads and it's nice to have somebody on board when the patient and family are on board.

YourNameHere said:
Co-Pilots are not required on Angel Flights. I fly several Angel Flight missions a month and am often single pilot.

Are there any insurance issues while perform an Angel Flight?

You are required to carry insurance. I don't remember what the minimums for coverage are, however.

The patient and any companions that go with them sign a form saying they won't hold you or Angel Flight at fault if something goes wrong. Of course anybody can sue for anything, so I don't think it guarantees against any litigation.

KigAir said:
Are there any insurance issues while perform an Angel Flight?
All you need is proof that your aircraft is insured. Patientes are required to sign liability waivers but, as Seethru mentioned, anybody can sue for anything. That is true of anybody you fly in your plane.

Minimums vary slightly from region to region. I fly for Angel Flight Northeast and the minimums are: 300TT, an instrument rating (and current), and 25 hrs in type.

It is a very rewarding experience. Many patients are very sick children and often the only fun they have had in a very long time is flying in a "small" plane. At the very least the flight is a temporary diversion from thinking about their illness.

If your interested:

Angel Flight West www.angelflight.org

Angel Flight Central www.angelflightcentral.org

Angel Flight South Central www.angelflightsc.org

Angel Flight Northeast www.angelflightne.org

Angel Flight Mid Atlantic www.angel-flight.org

Angel Flight Southeast www.angelflightse.org

English said:
I wrote that FREE jet time doesn't exist. You didn't read the whole sentence.
Rodger that! You'll have to pardon my hearing loss, I've been married for 13.27 years.

Latest resources

Back