Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Free CAL advice for everyone.. solution center..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SFR

Pilot Guy
Ok, I would like to offer free advice. Tell me your problem with CAL and I will tell you my solution (basically how I would handle it), that might help.

I offer realistic advice, no fairy tale, sugar coated garbage....

I will start first.

I am SFR and I am CAL pilot. My complaint, life sucked commuting out of ATL to EWR with 12 day off lines...... result: moved to IAH and sit reserve.... I forgot was a CAL plane looks like....

Next

OK, I got a few?

How do you get paid 30 hours if you only fly 25 and do it four times during a month?

I have got another one? How do you turn seven days of vacation into 24 days off with 100 hours or more of pay?

And how do you get a lump sum retirement payment after 30 years of service?

Ok I'll bite. Yes Sean you are so lucky to still be able to hold IAH 756 fo. Everyone knows its a comfy spot. You never work and if you live in base it is sweet. Enough already. Your tune wouldn't have been the same if you had been bumped out of it. Where would you have gone next? IAH 737 or EWR 756? Honestly!! A leave of absense you say? Well let's just say they didn't grant that. Then what?
Either way your days of singing the same old song how you never work would have been over. Just consider yourself lucky and let it go. I know its a good deal I have buddies that do the same. Only they don't go around singing it's praises all the time. The rest of us (myself included) aren't as lucky. Perhaps in the future but thats how seniority goes. It's apparent you have way too much time on your hands as you bring this up almost monthly. Usually right after the bid closes.
But seeing how you offered...

1)Tell me how to get more than 1 weekend off a month
2) keep from going into denial mode 1-4.
3) Not having my min days off reduced because of vacation
4) Hold Iah 756 fo just like you even though my seniority doesn't hold it.

Thanks for the free advice. I'll check back between my crossings.

He will get bumped out of the 75 in Iah. Just a matter of time. I may even bid IAH 75 to help him. Then he will be on the 73 in IAH and may even bid rsv thinking he will be at home. There may be a different song then, if he posts without his wife. Pure flame bait from this guy. Posting myself to let you guys know that his wife does most of his posts just to get a rise from all of us that actually work. SFR please send emails to Larry and be a good CAL employee and give money back because you sit at home and feel guilty. Until then stop telling us how great you've got it. We see the whole picture and the whole truth and you can simply thank us when you get the chief pilot gig your looking for.

Ok I'll bite. Yes Sean you are so lucky to still be able to hold IAH 756 fo. Everyone knows its a comfy spot. You never work and if you live in base it is sweet. Enough already. Your tune wouldn't have been the same if you had been bumped out of it. Where would you have gone next? IAH 737 or EWR 756? Honestly!! A leave of absense you say? Well let's just say they didn't grant that. Then what?
Either way your days of singing the same old song how you never work would have been over. Just consider yourself lucky and let it go. I know its a good deal I have buddies that do the same. Only they don't go around singing it's praises all the time. The rest of us (myself included) aren't as lucky. Perhaps in the future but thats how seniority goes. It's apparent you have way too much time on your hands as you bring this up almost monthly. Usually right after the bid closes.
But seeing how you offered...

1)Tell me how to get more than 1 weekend off a month
2) keep from going into denial mode 1-4.
3) Not having my min days off reduced because of vacation
4) Hold Iah 756 fo just like you even though my seniority doesn't hold it.

Thanks for the free advice. I'll check back between my crossings.

Well, the only reason I post on here is because I get tired of almost everyone complaining about how bac CAL is. Ok, here we go.

1) Live in base, bid reserve.
2) I don't know what that is. It takes me less than 5 min to bid. For April I bid 4 groups.. all reserve b, took 5 min..really....,..because of a slow internet connection.
3)Sick time.
4)Live in base, bid reserve in current BES.

Hope it helps.....Sebd aka Sean aka SFR aka Striker aka Johnson Factor aka Cramer aka Shroth .....hmmm what else have I used on here..

He will get bumped out of the 75 in Iah. Just a matter of time. I may even bid IAH 75 to help him. Then he will be on the 73 in IAH and may even bid rsv thinking he will be at home. There may be a different song then, if he posts without his wife. Pure flame bait from this guy. Posting myself to let you guys know that his wife does most of his posts just to get a rise from all of us that actually work. SFR please send emails to Larry and be a good CAL employee and give money back because you sit at home and feel guilty. Until then stop telling us how great you've got it. We see the whole picture and the whole truth and you can simply thank us when you get the chief pilot gig your looking for.

Cuando? Besides, what would I be? 50% on 737 in IAH? High on the reserve list I guess.

And yes, I have a plan that will let me take leave, can't be denied. I won't share that idea..... I don't want it getting used by a lot of folks.

Latest resources

Back