• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Freakin' Wilma

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Try to make the most of if, take advantage of it as a nice vacation for you and the wife. Enjoy the sights in ORL, go out, see some sights, have a good time enjoying each other's company. If you need somewhere to stay Monday night, let me know (of course that may all change depending on the track). I am on the east coast of Florida, not too worried (perhaps I should be - yet lived through enough hurricanes that perhaps I am too complacent).

The news stated tonight there are plenty of open hotels in the Orlando area. Perhaps you can find one for Monday night. And of course I have to mention that the news just stated there are 2000 hotel rooms available in Brevard County.

Heading to Orlando Monday for vacay.

Reminds me - anyone really in need of a place to crash theres room in Daytona Beach, although we'll probably loose power when she pushes through

Good luck PaulThomas! Looks like we MAY get lucky on the intensity still, but this has been a weird hurricane in the midst of a weird hurricane season. You never know, the thing could turn into a 4 on the way over here. I hope you west coast guys do ok on this one...

looks like there's plenty of people heading out already tonight, looking down from ocala - tampa i didn't see any breaks in the headlights of cars heading north.

I'm sticking around Ft Lauderdale, unless things change. Its only going to be a Cat 1 when it shows up here, BUT I WAS KEPT UP ALL LAST NIGHT BY THUNDER, AND IT IS NOW 5 AM AND I NEED TO GO TO WORK!!!!! ARGH!!!!!!

We happen to be in Spain right now. Home base is FLL and the Miami area so we're keepin' an eye on it. We'll have to contend with it once it crosses FL and moves up the East coast and into our line of travel on our return crossing. I can now say I've been through a few natural disasters. Earthquakes, Wildfires & Mudslides in CA, Tornados, Blizzards and now Hurricanes. Life is full of interesting adventures.

Last edited:
Hangin tough

Indialantic here. Holding tight and hangin ten. Not going anywhere but the beach. Aint it nice?

But get all the old fartz out of town. EVACUATE NOW!!!!!!!!

Moose.

Latest resources

Back