• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Freakin' Wilma

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Many thanks to those of you who offered places to crash ... My hotel reservations were for Friday-Sunday nights, but since she's slowed down, there's no telling when she'll get here. I cancelled my room, ate the cancellation fee, and decided to ride it out for awhile here in St. Pete. If it looks like it might come up this way, we'll scurry like rats on a sinking ship like everyone else. Looks like I prepared too early this time ... this is our first hurricane, so we'll learn our lesson. The most recent forecasts I saw said it might be at cat 1 by the time it makes it here.

Gettin' ready right now to go fly Wilma. We're flying out of Dobbins, in Marietta, Georgia since Katrina trashed Keesler AFB, where we normally operate. A lot of us lost our homes, etc. Granted Wilma is no Katrina by any stretch of the imagination but trust me, a Cat 1 storm can certainly mess up your day. If there's any question, please evacuate!! Best of fortune to those of you in the storm's path. Let's hope this is it for the season!!

bssthound said:
Gettin' ready right now to go fly Wilma. We're flying out of Dobbins, in Marietta, Georgia since Katrina trashed Keesler AFB, where we normally operate. A lot of us lost our homes, etc. Granted Wilma is no Katrina by any stretch of the imagination but trust me, a Cat 1 storm can certainly mess up your day. If there's any question, please evacuate!! Best of fortune to those of you in the storm's path. Let's hope this is it for the season!!

Thanks for the good work you guys do!

my flight school shut down and flew their planes out. i helped them by leaving for ohio early :) damn it's good to be home in the 40 degree weather....

cforst513 said:
my flight school shut down and flew their planes out. i helped them by leaving for ohio early :) dang it's good to be home in the 40 degree weather....
EVB METAR reported a 55KT gust!

Daytona barely broke 30MPH.

Not sure if that EVB reading is valid tho, its pretty intense, but possible.

Just some other reports...

Sounds like PBI, FLL, MIA all saw winds over 100MPH. There is some very serious damage in those areas, especially to high rise buildings.

Latest resources

Back