Fractionals with SAN bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BigDave

After a few years at the regional, I am looking into heading over to the fractional side. I guess I am tired of the decreasing quality of life and potential paycuts from making almost nothing to making nothing. I know there are a few fractional with west coast bases, but which ones have a SAN base and is that SAN base something you can get as a new hire?
Thanks

BigDave said:
After a few years at the regional, I am looking into heading over to the fractional side. I guess I am tired of the decreasing quality of life and potential paycuts from making almost nothing to making nothing. I know there are a few fractional with west coast bases, but which ones have a SAN base and is that SAN base something you can get as a new hire?
Thanks

Put SAN on your requst and you'll get TEB/HPN.

The closest possible domicile at NJA is LAX.

Guitar Guy said:
The closest possible domicile at NJA is LAX.

Which wouldn't be a bad commute, 4 times a month...especially if you chose a Sunday start 7/7 line=little traffic.

Floptions

While not the place of employent with the best morale right now...LAX is a Tier 1 domicile, available to new hires at Flight Options. You would be able to travel directly to/from SAN 5 times per year with the curent policy. SAN used to be an acceptable domicile, but like many other QOL issues, we have been getting continually hosed for the past couple of years. With NJs contract, we all hope to see some light in this tunnel someday. Good luck trying to stay in San Diego.

I know there is at least one CS pilot living in SAN. His base is LAX. Doing that commute twice per month couldn't be that bad.

And according to Flex's last job ad you can commute out of one of the many LA airports including SNA which wouldn't be bad.

Oh and there in NJI. According to some you can get on with the same amount of time as NJA if you know somebody.

BigDave said:
Thanks

Big Dave,

We are in the same boat my friend. I've been stuck in ATL at my regional for 5 years and am trying to get back to California.
I even started considering the commute but our travel benefits are heading into the sh*tter.
NJA would have been a great choice before the new T/A, but then there is the 7/7 lifestyle to consider as well.

Good luck!

Latest resources

Back