Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
calstar said:
Big Dave,

We are in the same boat my friend. I've been stuck in ATL at my regional for 5 years and am trying to get back to California.
I even started considering the commute but our travel benefits are heading into the sh*tter.
NJA would have been a great choice before the new T/A, but then there is the 7/7 lifestyle to consider as well.

Good luck!

calstar, I live in SAN now and commute to IAH, it is not that bad of a commute, I have done worse (SAN to DAY), however I would much rather drive to LAX then compete with senior CAL guys on full flights to IAH. As for the 7 on 7 off thing, I can handle that so can my wife, it is better then commuting to IAH on reserve for 5 days on, 2 off, and I will be doing that in a few months when I upgrade. By the way it 75 degrees and sunny here in SAN. Come on back, house prices are coming down to just the outrageous level from the absurd level.

BigDave said:
calstar, I live in SAN now and commute to IAH, it is not that bad of a commute, I have done worse (SAN to DAY), however I would much rather drive to LAX then compete with senior CAL guys on full flights to IAH. As for the 7 on 7 off thing, I can handle that so can my wife, it is better then commuting to IAH on reserve for 5 days on, 2 off, and I will be doing that in a few months when I upgrade. By the way it 75 degrees and sunny here in SAN. Come on back, house prices are coming down to just the outrageous level from the absurd level.

75 degrees and sunny, huh? Where did I put that handtruck and moving boxes?

I could do the 7/7 as well as long as I could live wherever I want.

My inlaws own a couple of nice houses in Chula Vista and one of them has our name all over it.

Latest resources

Back