• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

fractionals or majors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Six - Those photo links made me laugh out loud!! Very good post and also a good topic.

206 - I can't say it any better than those above me have. But I can say from personal experience that NWA isn't a place I would want to be right now. No one can see the future, but all of my furlough buddies that went back to NWA are hating life right now. All they can say its that "it's a job."

As for NJA - we'll Im still not sure I made the right choice going to Alaska instead of NJA and I don't think I'll know that answer for another 20-25 years - but looking at this new NJA contract I'm very much wondering if i made the right choice.

If you WANT to live in MSP, DTW or MEM then go for NWA and cross your fingers - if you don't want to live there then I think NJA is the only choice!!

Baja

I have been with NJA for 6 years and I love it. I came from the airlines and the thought of going back to jumpseating to work and eating at the food court scares me!!!
On my way home last tour I bumped into a guy trying to jumpseat to work. The airplane broke so I went to the hotel and collected an extra 2,200 bucks (it would have put me over 14hr.) while he was running around sweatin bullets trying to figure out how he was going to get to work. The difference in that feeling right there is priceless!!!
Good luck!!

If a newhire is hired at NetJets International and transfer to NJA do they go to the bottom of the senority list?

Currently there is no method for an NJI pilot to transfer to NJA other than interview and be hired at the bottom of the seniority list. Should the IBB proposal pass and the company recognizes single carrier provisions, NJI pilots will eventually be integrated with NJA pilots based on DOH. They will be able to bid NJA positions after certain restrictions and fences are eventually removed.

I would go to NJA given those two choices. Who knows what will happen with NWA in the future. I wouldn't want to live with that insecurity every day.

Put me in a Citation X at Netjets on 7/7 out of one of those 100 domiciles (if the TA passes) and I'd be happy - especially with that new starting salary.

Latest resources

Back