Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wolfpackpilot

Diehard Republican
Any 91K operators out there using a tablet like the IPad for Jepps and company manuals??

Would love to hear some feedback.

CA uses Fujitsu tablets. Running Jeppesen Flite Deck and CPCALC with a host of manuals stored. They are getting dated and can be used as chocks if inop. Word is that a replacement is being evaluated.

X

CA uses Fujitsu tablets. Running Jeppesen Flite Deck and CPCALC with a host of manuals stored. They are getting dated and can be used as chocks if inop. Word is that a replacement is being evaluated.

X
Sounds like ours.

I know we are looking at the Ipad for our fleet of 25+ aircraft.

I bought my wife an IPad to use as a book reader.... Now I have to go get one for myself. These things are truly amazing when viewing documents and photos.

$600 for the tablet, and ???? for the Jepps subscription, I think you would be hard pressed to find something better in that price range.

They issued us tablets at Flexjet, but they were made out of stone.

Thanks. I'll be here all week.

I bought my wife an IPad to use as a book reader.... Now I have to go get one for myself. These things are truly amazing when viewing documents and photos.

$600 for the tablet, and ???? for the Jepps subscription, I think you would be hard pressed to find something better in that price range.

Wait for the -2 bud. Supposed to be Flash Player compatible and have a micro-usb input and better battery life.

X

CA is actually having Ipad tested. What I have heard so far is that it froze up at 103 degrees during temperatue test. Not sure if that is a deal breaker.

$750 for the US Jeppview subscription. I like it - especially when I have to do updates. Press the button and presto - done!

When it first came out I thought the IPad was just another Apple gimmick and wouldn't make it til Christmas... (I also bought a lot of Delta stock from 02-05)

This device will change the game within 24 months IMHO. It works, its smooth, has battery life... blah blah blah. We have so many manuals, handouts, charts, Jepps, FOM's, etc etc. And they all can go on this tiny little IPad.

Latest resources

Back