** Fractional, could just happen **

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rocker,

Yeah, but you get to fly a Citation X.... That ain't too bad. Sounds like you did not investigate fractionals well enough before joining - I understand you needed a job. I know a bunch of guys at EJA who love their jobs - the type of variety inherent in their flying and the shiney, new aircraft.

Sorry to hear you don't like it. Well - at least you got some Citation X time - how do you like it? Is it a blast to fly (even if you don't want to be there)?

Good luck.

NJA

Rocker:

I hear ya man! Although I don't have much of a choice being retired airline. RON with me sometime and I will show you how to do it no matter where you wind up. From HPN, try the Lazy Boy Saloon to SUN, try Whiskey Jaques in Ketchum, Idaho. I got a whole list of 'em.

Rocker don't the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out. I don't believe anyone is forcing you to to stay at NetJets. Remember you took the job.

Dep676 said:
Rocker don't the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.

A typical d!ckhead response. Someone posts an honest reply to a question giving their thoughts and feelings on a subject, and if it goes against your view, a "don't let the door hit you in the a$$" response.

I see you have much experience with which to compare your King Air job with, stud. :rolleyes:

Hey, I don't fault Rocker. He didn't have many choices and he thought he MIGHT like fractional flying. It's too bad - perhaps he could have investigated the type of flying better before joining... I know there are plenty of guys out there who would LOVE to fly a Citation X for Netjets (me included). I also know a bunch of Netjet guys who could NEVER RETURN to airline flying - they love Netjets... To each his own...

At least Rocker got some Citation X time - he can think about his time flying at FL 510 at .92 mach when he is instead flying a 737 back and forth between O'Hare and LGA in the future.... I'd still like to hear his impressions of the Citation X.

Cheers

JBL and Rocker,
Sorry to hear you didn't/don't like it here. I agree with Heavy set in that perhaps you guys did not investigate the fractional lifestyle before applying. Both of you guys mentioned not getting enough time to "sightsee" or whatever on layovers. Well......you are kindof at work. Sightseeing is for days off and for the people in the back. Personally, I have had quite a few memorable RONs, and I am NOWHERE near the A team.

I don't fault either of you for your QOL issues. You have to do what is right for yourself. Some guys like hard and fast duty and time of day regularity, others don't care. As for myself I like the diversity. I got pretty tired flying to the same 3 cities a couple of times per day. To each his own I guess. Guys with these opinions who are now "stuck here" if you will, are tying up seniority numbers of those who really want to be here.

Heavyset,
The X is a blast to fly and the speed is intoxicating. Although, when you're up there alone (no traffic) speed is just another number on the tape (dial for you steam lovers :D ). Except for changing the center freqs ever :30 seconds.

"Both of you guys mentioned not getting enough time to "sightsee" or whatever on layovers. Well......you are kindof at work. Sightseeing is for days off and for the people in the back."

NJA Capt,

Good points in your post. However, the only thing I mentioned not getting enough time for was a decent night's sleep. Put me on mornings or afternoons, but don't change me back and forth over and over again for God's sake. Ask anyone who flew with me at NJ...I busted my ass and couldn't have cared less about sightseeing.

You're right about there being a bunch of pilots who are not happy at NJ. I'm contacted regularly by pilots who have had enough of NJ's crap. The list is growing, and as things slowly pick back up industry wide, you'll start to see the defections increase. This is good news for you diehard NJ guys and gals.

I'm glad you like your job. Many NJ pilots do. Different strokes I guess. You dig it and I think it was the worst flying job I've ever had. Agree to disagree. Stay safe.

B.

Last edited:
I don't work for NJA, but I have been with a fractional for well over 4 years. This type of flying certainly is not for everyone. There are some that can't handle the constant state of change. It doesn't bother me. Some can't handle flying to small, unfamiliar airports quite often. I actually enjoy it. Some just can't stand the fact that they don't get to swagger through the terminal with an airline uniform on. I couldn't care less.

Would I go to a major given the opportunity? If I felt it was stable, you bet! The chance to make much better money alone would make the decision for me. I wouldn't like flying to the same handfull of airports time and time again, but I could deal with it for the cash. As long as I am flying - something, somewhere - I will be relatively happy with the job. I don't care much what type of airplane I fly - I don't understand the guys that get hung up on flying the Citation X because it's the fastest bizjet, or the Whale because it's the biggest. I'm happy if I'm flying and making good money. If I didn't enjoy the flying, I would be making much more money than I am now working in another field I am very experienced in.

I can understand why some guys are very disillusioned with the fractional industry - especially NJA. They are the largest of the fractional providers, yet their pay level is criminal. Those guys have been working for years at substandard pay. That's a great reason to be PO'd. Some guys are working for the frax when they don't want to be because they needed a job and it was offered. As long as they do their job correctly and don't let their unhappiness show to the owners, who cares? Let them move on when their chance comes - and somebody else take their position that really wants it.

I guess time will tell

Hopefully the economy will give us all a chance to "light" in whatever part of the industry we want to be in.

It sounds like the companies are getting ready to "rev up" again soon.

I think I'll stay with the Fractional business, but my buddies at SWA insist I re-apply. It would be great to have to choose. I hope you all get that choice to make.

H#ll I don't know, I'm kinda getting sick of going to work altogether.

I do like watching the "chicks" at the airport, but other then that airlining to work sucks.

I like all the "deadhead legs" at the fractionals with the stereo jammin ZZ Top in the back.

Changing from AM's to PM's on a trip sucks as much as the pay.

Baby sitting a broke airplane for a few days can go either way depending on your location, never happen at an airline though.

Having one of the hottest woman on the planet leaning between the seats asking you questions, OOOOOHHHHH MMMAAAANNNNN!!!!!!!!!!

Whatever decision you make is best for you. Good luck!

rocker said:
But one thing is for sure, at Netjets, you will be abused, have a crappy quality of work life, and be flying little jets to little airports the rest of your career.

Thanks for the post! Maybe it will improve someone else's chances of getting a job there! Someone who doesn't mind working for a living in exchange for flying brand new jets.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back