Frac Culture question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
K,

Just keep in mind that the Company has a policy about reading the paper or a magazine in the cockpit.

If there are pax onboard I adhere to the policy, empty legs, read whatever you want.

If a pax comes up and finds you reading a magazine anything can happen.

Please don't put the guy you are flying with in that situation. It has happened in the past and people will not be given a second chance.

Jack, the Company has changed in recent years and people are realizing that it simply not worth getting in trouble for doing things that are blantantly against written Company policy. Its just not worth it. You can still have fun just follow the rules.

Last edited:
K,

Just keep in mind that the Company has a policy about reading the paper or a magazine in the cockpit.

If there are pax onboard I adhere to the policy, empty legs, read whatever you want.

If a pax comes up and finds you reading a magazine anything can happen.

Please don't put the guy you are flying with in that situation. It has happened in the past and people will not be given a second chance.

Jack, the Company has changed in recent years and people are realizing that it simply not worth getting in trouble for doing things that are blantantly against written Company policy. Its just not worth it. You can still have fun just follow the rules.

I wouldn't even try with people on board, but on the empty 2.5 hour ferry leg I was referring to makes me think how much of a difference there is between of the culture of this world compared to my previous one.

DO, I wasn't meaning fun as in pushing the rules I ment it as they don't have the "my airplane" complex the Pure GA back ground guys seem to have. My original observation was that they seem to be of the mind set the capt will always fly and if you are good you get to fly one or 2 legs a tour.

I agree with never pulling out a USAtoday with pax in the back

Jack,

I would stand up for yourself man!!! Let the Captain know he's being a stick hog. If all else fails, lay on the sarcasm. Without saying anything, pull out your license, show him the type rating, and put it back in your wallet.

If he doesn't get the hint he's a jerk, and you should post his name on the 1108 message boards and let the flogging begin.

(It wasn't me was it???)

I flew with a guy last tour that was that way also Jack, same fleet as you. ( I bet most of the guys that have issues are from the 1000) Short ferry of about 15 minutes folowed by a pax leg. We get the airplane ready and he throws his headset in the left seat. I guess I will fly from the right seat, no big deal. On the taxi we get to the t/o brief and he says he will fly it since it is a short leg and he has not flown that tail number in 6 months. I start to laugh at him and say your the boss. He then gets pissy with me the rest of the day for laughing at him.

I know it has been posted on the 1108, but as ATP's do we really need a warm-up leg?

I'm in the XL, and so far haven't had any trouble what-so-ever as far as who is flying. Most of the guys ask which seat I want and none of them care which legs they fly. I usually just grab the right seat because I know what the view is like from the left side already, and more importantly, I hate having to readjust everything each leg.

100 Hours for New Captains???

HTML:
Also, if you're flying with a new Captain, he must do all the pax legs until he has 100hr in the a/c.

Where is that written? It isn't in the FOM.

I guess I was thinking about the time when we were hiring Captains-off-the-street. FOM pg 2-139 has a nice chart for all future references.

Don't feel to bad, seems to be a Corporate thing in general. I flew 91 corporate and the FO was a switch bi*ch the whole time, never got to fly. Now I'm at 135 and it's a little better but now they won't allow the f/o to takeoff and land. It's rediculous to think an f/o will get proficient on the airplane not being able to fly it. Honestly, if the captain had a problem and was down for the count, the landing wouldn't be pretty. I feel I'm an average "stick" and I'm not new to jet aircraft as I have 1300 turbine in jets. Never had a problem 121 either, every other leg was swapped.

CM

A search of the Union board would most likely yield you a few dozen threads on the topic with a few hundred responses.

Every reason under the sun is given...

Some right, some wrong... all valid.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back