Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ifly2slo

.70 Mmo
I am looking for a corporate job in Fort Worth . . . FTW, DTO, AFW, GKY airports are very desirable for me. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2slo

I know Dillards is looking for a LR-45 driver to be based in the Ft. Worth area. Their corporate offices are in Little Rock, AR, so you can find them in the directory there. Be warned though, I ran into one of their pilots the other day on the road, and he said it's a really $hitty place to work. They have a Challenger that they call the 'slave ship', because it's gone about 5 to 6 days a week. Also....2 pilots per plane, that's it. Guy I talked to said that he's been gone from home an average of 20 days a month the last 6 months. According to him, the CFO is really short changing the flight department. The LR-45's will be operated in almost the same way.

But, there may be changes in the wind according to him. Might be worth looking into. Good luck!

We go to FTW pretty often, in fact I'm heading there later today, and I can support the above statement that Dillards is always on the go. I haven't been there and not seen their Lear 31A coming or going in a long time.

Just AFW??. Anyone know who owns/or what goes on at the southeast side hanger with the big green doors on it? It faced towards the south. I havent seen much activity there and was currious. Its been there just as long as the AA hanger i think. That might be something to look into?

DEA, I believe the majority of what is done there is MX and Training.....could be wrong about the MX and Training though.

Ref the Dillards LR45 jobs & CapnVegetto's post:

Look closely before you leap. -Been running into these guys for years. On the surface looks like a good idea (big company on NYSE operating flashy equip). Here are some things to ask about if you interview:

Pay - sounds like only 65k for typed and current 45 Captains. If memory serves their health insurance runs greater than 750/mo for a small family. This is significant in that the old guard say you would be extraordinarily lucky to ever get a 3% raise.

I have also heard one of their execs (CFO?) has his thumb on the Chief Pilot rendering him ineffective (has no staffing or salary control). The CP sounds like one of those fear & intimidation guys when it comes to duty days and broken equipment.

Routine use of non-typed co-pilots with no formal training. This seems really weird considering they are buying all new airplanes, but I had a guy swear they are still doing it.

Not exactly NBAA poster children, but I guess it's a job. Just make sure you know what you are getting into.

Dillards sounds like prime material for the next pro pilot flight department.

Latest resources

Back