Formula 1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flat-tire

Who's going to win this weekend at the USA Grand Prix? Lets hope Kimi can pull it out of his ass, or maybe David can wake up and drive like a winner!!

I know this isn't about aviation, but they go fast and look cool doing it. 28,000rpms out of a V-10........that's just crazy

Actually, it's 19,000 rpms... I would like to see someone, other than the top 3 manufacturers, win some. Jaguar and Renault are getting more competitive.

You'd like to see someone other than the top 3 win some?

Welllll... Goody for you that this season both Renault and Jordan have won, in addition to the usual Ferrari/McLaren/Williams trirumvirate.

The last season that saw this many winners... Well, I can't remember the last time I saw a season with this many winners (8). I think you have to go back 'bout twenty years.

I am going to cheer on for my favorite no-longer-in-contention driver, R. Schumacher. Barring that, I'd like to see Michael win just so Montoya doesn't. :)

I'll be in the "Paddock" section for the third time in four years, so if Montoya wins and you see anyone in that section tearing their hair out, it's probably me.

call that racing........

If I remember correctly, at the US Grand Prix last year, Schumacher slowed down to let Barrichello pass and win, paying him back for the "team orders" for Barrichello to let Schumacher win at a previous race that same season. You call that racing?

It will be interesting to see how many people attend this years race, I'm sure that move turned a lot of people off to F1 here in the US. As much as I hate the IRL, at least they can produce an entertaining race for the fans.

Formula One is boring!! Just my humble opinion :D
Give me a drag race! And not that Fast and Furious garbage either. Imports are fruity!:D

Here are some pics of O-town style drag racing!!!

DSC_1004.jpg

DSC_1367.jpg

DSC_0775.jpg

DSC_3681.jpg

DSC_3612.jpg

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=927696&uid=457791&members=1

Being a Ford fan, I tend to root for Jag. However, I'm still a little sore about Jag booting Bobby Rahal. Anymore, I just sit back and root against Ralphs brother and his Ferrari.

Maybe I'm getting old, but the only form of auto racing that really interests me anymore is vintage racing and the IRL. If a fan likes to see true racing, one cannot discount the IRL; more passes are made for the lead in IRL in one race than are made in the whole season in F1 (or NASCAR for that matter). NASCAR has gotten as boring as watching grass grow. I do still watch because occasionally I get to see a charge like Mayfield made last week. That was good racing. Unfortunately, NASCAR has made the cars so aero-dependent, that being out front in clean air is so tantamount to being invincible. If one just wants to feel the power, nothing, absolutely NOTHING, beats sitting near the christmas tree for a nitro burning NHRA event held at night.

Back to F1. The best part of F1 is qualifying!! The video feed given to Speed Channel is usually taken from fewer cameras than they get during the race. This tends to demand that the director use wider shots. In those wider shots, which pan more often, you do really get to see the awesome speed that these autos obtain. It is really impressive. It's too bad that the only video game skills are required to drive those cars. Back in the days before traction control, active suspensions, and the like, the racing was much better.

good topic,
enigma

FormulaOne's technology is lightyears ahead of any other racing class that's out there, you have to give them that.

just that is the main reason i love it, they come up with new stuff and push the envelope even further. Too bad the good days of the Ferrari V12 engines have gone, there hasn't been a sound since that one turned it's crankshaft. If you ever heard that engine go through it's revs in real life the hairs on your neck would stand straight.

Off course I would like to see more overtaking too, it's not like there is none, just not very much at the front of the pack.

before Renault and fernando Alonso won it's first grand Pix this year, there were only four other teams, Ferrari,McLaren ,Williams and Jordan who EVER won a grand prix before. So hoping for another team having a win, with all the talent that's out there nowadays.. But it sure is possible, Alonso proved that in Hungary with superiority M.Schumacher style.

enigma said:

Maybe I'm getting old, but the only form of auto racing that really interests me anymore is vintage racing and the IRL. If a fan likes to see true racing, one cannot discount the IRL; more passes are made for the lead in IRL in one race than are made in the whole season in F1 (or NASCAR for that matter).

Ever watch the World Rally circuit? I don't know who is crazier, the drivers who drive those cars at insane speeds, or the fans that line up along the course.

As for the IRL, just wait until they start racing on temporary / road courses............then the IRL will be as boring as CART has become, and as boring as F1. The only thing nice you can say about racing on road courses is.........."nice parade!"

As for NASCAR...............88 rules:D

Latest resources

Back