• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Formula 1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have no interest in the "left handers" going round and round for hours on end. What do people see in NASCAR?? Entertainment? I think not. F1 is very exciting. My only gripes are the team orders and that Ferrari and Williams/BMW have such large budgets, its hard for anyone else to compete. It is nice to see a little excitment in the Championship this year. I can hardly wait for the USGP this weekend.

As far as good racing, try the Speed World Challenge (Touring Car and GT) and Trans-Am. These guys are pushing those cars to the limits. Also gotta enjoy the American Le Mans Series. Some nice machines. By far, the best racing is WRC (rally). Those guys are crazy, but I'd do it in heartbeat.

Anyone here do club racing or autocross (and I don't mean taking your Mitsubishi to Main Street at 3AM to race that Mustang 5.0). Just curious.

fokkerjet said:
Ever watch the World Rally circuit? I don't know who is crazier, the drivers who drive those cars at insane speeds, or the fans that line up along the course.

WRC is rallying, not racing. I have watched, and have a tremendous respect for the drivers talents, but don't remember ever seeing a pass on the course. Now the Baja style racing, that's different, you do occasionally see a pass.

If you missed it, Jeff Hammond retired NASCAR crew chief, rodeo'er and Fox expert commentator, recently took a ride with Makkinin (sp?) in the Subaru rally car. Hammond said after the ride, "nothing I have ever done ( and that includes lots of auto racing, skydiving, horse riding, etc) is as exciting as one exhibition lap in the right seat of a rally car". I use quotes, but it's really a paraphrase, needless to say Hammond was quite pumped after the ride. The ride ended up with the car on its side after a roll, btw. :-0

regards,
enigma

If Formula 1 is boring, what is NASCAR?

NASCAR is even more boring!!!

I wasn’t talking about NASCAR. I was talking about AMERICAN drag racing. I like it the best out of all the motor sports because it is the one I can most relate to. For example I can take my 69 Camaro and go play with the big boys, even thou I would get whopped. But it isn't like I could take my 69 Camaro and go run it around a go cart track like the Formula One guys do. Plus the Drag cars make the most HP out there (in auto racing.) There is nothing in the world like seeing a 3500lbs car with 2000Hp (and is street legal) stand straight up on the bumper and cross through the traps in 6 seconds at over 200 mph! What a rush!!!!

Just my .02.

enigma said:
WRC is rallying, not racing. I have watched, and have a tremendous respect for the drivers talents, but don't remember ever seeing a pass on the course.

It's racing in the sense that you are "racing" the clock, or better yet, "racing" your competitors time for the curcuit.

As for passing, every now and then they have to get around someone that's in trouble..........rollover, engine / transmission failure or car caught fire.

I feel the need.............the need for speed.....

Would like to see Schumacher win a 6th one, he is the best there is/was in the last decade. Why not a 6th? Always have and will be a Senna fan, that guy was out of this world. Too bad we never had Schumi/Senna real racing. For the new guys I like Kimi and Alonso. JPM never has anything good to say.

F1 is an awesome show, especially when you are there at the track.

Latest resources

Back