• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Former America West Pilots send out political flyer to East Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok guys if the phamplet upsets you that much throw it away. Its just another side of the story. What USAPA states is slanted toward their view, what AOL states is slanted toward their view. Now read and listen to both sides and make your own decison.

If you are so upset about a piece of paper it insane. If you don't like what it says fine, don't read it. If you 100% agree with USAPA fine. Again the phamplet is another opinion of the events.

Everyone in life knows their are two side to every story and somewhere in the middle is the truth. This is no different.

Just remember that as the negotiating for a contract continues to be dragged out, and if the East losses the Arb on snap back, than everyone losses.

The raise that you would of got in 2007/2008 can not be recouped in the future. Time value of money. The company is not going offer say 40% raises just because it took 6 or 7 years to get a contract. Thus the group is going to continually lag behind the rest of the industry. The contract you get in a year or two will be good for 4 to 5 years and will not recoup the last 6 years of wage increases.

Continue to fight guys, I know I don't think I will be doing it for much longer. My life is more than throwing stones at the East hoping for some to move, or for the West to give up or weak management to step up to the plate. I see this airline following behind on contract improvements, growth and eventually if oil runs up again going out of business. Time will tell, and you guys will still be fighting.

Just something to think about.

Comical

West pilots being called scum for sending out a pamphlet, while East pilots continue to disregard obligations they agreed to in writing and attempt to steal what is not theirs. Classic!

Latest resources

Back