• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Former America West Pilots send out political flyer to East Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"ARE SIX CAPTAIN SEATS WORTH AN INDEFINITE DELAY?

Let’s see. “Between 2012 and 2015 704 pilots will retire system wide”. “Under separate operations, the East Pilots will capture 455 Captain positions. (704- 455 = 249 F/O retirements.) However what they don’t tell you is that if you go back and look at the number of F/O’s on the list above the bottom Group II Captain spot in PHL there are 332 wide body F/O’s slots senior to the bottom A319 Capt in PHL. They are there by choice.

This is a crap analysis."

Crap analysis, eh? Do you have a better one? Didn't think so.

The fact is, almost all of the retirements in the next five years on the west side are captains, while only about 2/3 of the retirements in that timeframe on the east come from the left seat. But, under the Nic award, east pilots are just as entitled to vacated west positions as they are to east positions. So, east pilots can potentially capture 2/3 of west AND east captain positions as they open up under the Nic award, since the Nic is effectively a 2/3 ratio down the the former furloughees. The net effect is that there is essentially NO difference in the number of jobs the east can capture under the Nic vs separate operations.

It's in the arbitrator's hands and he'll answer when he wants to. Not trying to be snarky but that's the answer. He's having some health issues and that could cause more delay.

Who is the arbitrator for the case?

Put a check mark next to my name.

Same here.

On the day after a DOH contract is signed, a West pilot going to work will see no difference in his situation. He will bid in the same spot he did the day before. He will hold the same seat and bid the same type of trip.

On the day after a DOH contract is signed an East pilot going to work will see no difference in his situation, except for more pay, which he deserves. He will bid the same spot he did the day before. He will hold the same seat and bid the same type of trip.

FIGURES DON'T LIE BUT LIARS CAN FIGURE!

Funny how they Never mention what the landscape would look like under a DOH list should there be additional furloughs down the road (always just around the corner in this industry). Your C & R's don't mean squat without an equal sharing of the pain in that scenario ya jackwagons.

Well

Today I received a political flyer .......

And finally - how did Leonidas, LLC get my home address? Maybe the PHX rep could ask for an investigation about that?

Metrojet

BTW, USAPA sent out all kinds of information to our homes prior to and just after the election. How did they get my home address and telephone prior to my completing an application (over one year after inception)??

Could you investigate that while you're at it?

Thanks.

I aksed my friend bout this here allegation and he said it must a been the gobenrment what done it. You sees here that once USAPY got the cards in and there was an election then USAPY got all the names of the crafts and classes and such.

That's probably where they got it the gobenrment done gave it to them.

NATIONAL MEDIATION BOARD
REPRESENTATION MANUAL
Revised Text Effective ---- September 17, 2010

NOTICE
This Manual provides general procedural guidance to the National Mediation Board’s staff with respect to the processing of representation cases before the NMB. Such procedural guidance is not required by or subject to the Administrative Procedure Act. The provisions of this Manual are neither obligatory upon the Members of the Board nor do they constitute the exclusive procedure for the NMB’s investigation of representation matters pursuant to the Railway Labor Act.

Mary L. Johnson General Counsel

2.4 List of Potential Eligible Voters and Signature Samples

The carrier must serve one (1) copy of a system-wide alphabetized list of potential eligible voters on the Investigator and serve one (1) copy on each participant’s representative. Even if a participant is contesting single transportation status (see Section 19.0), they are required to produce a list in conformity with the section. The NMB requires the carrier to provide a copy of the alphabetized list in Microsoft Excel format to the NMB only. The carrier should send a separate alphabetized list in PDF to each of the participants.

The list of potential eligible voters must include all individuals in the craft or class with an employee-employer relationship as of the cut-off date. The list must identify each employee’s full name, the job title, and the duty station or location.

The carrier must also provide the NMB with one (1) hard copy of legible, alphabetized signature samples for each employee on the list. Examples of acceptable signature samples include tax-withholding forms and employment and insurance applications. The alphabetized signature samples must be in the same order as the names on the list of potential eligible voters.
2.5 Delivery of Documents

The list of potential eligible voters and signature samples must be delivered to the NMB by the deadline set by the General Counsel. When there is an on-site investigation, the list and signature samples must be delivered to the Investigator upon arrival on the carrier’s property.

It's hysterical how bent out of shape the Narcassistic A-hole East pilots get at a little pamphlet. BFD. Don't read it. I think it's more about being faced with the truth and their total inability to control all the information that's getting to them. Maybe it's the realization of how badly they've hurt all the pilots of us air...and their families.

My guess is they'll try to complain to Judge Silver about. Should be fun to watch.

(FYI to those who didn't hear, a poster on a private message board used by AWA pilots joked how he had a cousin on the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. Shortly thereafter USAPA's lawyer $eham filed a complaint with the court alleging bias. USAPians are truly men of genius.)

Latest resources

Back