• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Forgien ownership?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ladies and gentlemen...we have a winner!! NOBODY either the Republicans or the Democrats support any of our interests. One group might empathize with our plight better than the other, but beyond that any political support we get from either bunch of bastards is minimal at best.

PHXFLYR:cool:

Rez O. Lewshun said:
No sandbagging.... it is difficult enough as it is....

Uh-Uh,Dad .... I ain't lettin' you slide on this one. Back up your previous statement by answering my question. Name me ONE,just one Republican that supports us and our issues. You claim that there are many,so answering this question shouldn't be so hard now ,should it?

PHXFLYR

Last edited:
PHXFLYR said:
Uh-Uh,Dad .... I ain't lettin' you slide on this one. Back up your previous statement by answering my question. Name me ONE,just one Republican that supports us and our issues. You claim that there are many,so answering this question shouldn't be so hard now ,should it?

PHXFLYR

Here you go Son. You know, you can look this information up yourself.....:rolleyes:

The first link is percentages of D to R. The second link names names.

http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.asp?ID=D000000117&Name=Air+Line+Pilots+Assn

http://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/pacgot.asp?strID=C00035451&Cycle=2006

Last edited:
AMANSWORLD said:
Just see on on Fox News that the Bush Administration is trying to approve forgein ownership up to and including majority ownership.....all I have to say about that is very simply.... time for a new administration (it is the icing on the cake) IMHO what a poor president with no thought for long term goals and outcomes, he has a proven record of failure, congats Mr. Bush you have lost all of my support as well as the republican party (which is what I have been all my life)

This is not a flame, but an observation. Looking at the success (or lack thereof) in the passenger airline industry, I would say that the current domestic ownership in U.S. carriers has produced mostly bankruptcies, furloughs, and losses on the financials.

So what if a foreign party comes in here and has a large share in an airline? What if they make the airlines stronger, produce more income, and in turn start creating good jobs once again? Looking at the way things are now, I would say things could not get much worse for the PAX carriers.

It is easy to blame one person for all of the shortcomings in this industry. If you want to blame someone for the dismal state the airlines are in right now, point to the people running the airlines. My company is very successful, so should I give credit to our managers or to the Presidency?

General Lee said:
Ok, we both disagree with eachother. Thanks for pointing out my company is tanking. I think there will be some foreign capital put into it, and I think that will help us out. We can't get credit here if we wanted to alone, so maybe someone else will help. Good. As far as legal or illegal pilots flying for us, I doubt it. You can't just walk up and get a job with a major, and that includes Southwest and Jetblue. They don't go for cheap, and no one will. Not even Virgin America. They won't recruit Mexican or Romanian pilots that are looking for work. They won't. Maybe Gulfstream Intl in FLA. We won't have Aeroflot flying 10 flights a day between LA and Las Vegas. We won't. You are dreaming. Air Canada made some money off of bailing CAL out back in the '90s, and that is exactly what other foreign airlines would be looking for---a quick buck. With airlines coming out of Chap 11, stock is generally cheaper than normal. They could pour in an investment, wait two years, and bail. It happens all of the time. TAP Air Portugal is considering buying into Varig in Brasil right now, even though they compete on Lisbon to Brasil routes. Why would TAP do that? To make money eventually. Air France might do that with us, and I for once will welcome a French handshake. (I will wash my hands quickly afterwards....)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Any port in a storm; huh,General ?:rolleyes:

PHXFLYR:cool:

Clyde said:
So what if a foreign party comes in here and has a large share in an airline? What if they make the airlines stronger, produce more income, and in turn start creating good jobs once again? Looking at the way things are now, I would say things could not get much worse for the PAX carriers.

Because foreign ownership means foreign jobs.

The martime industry has a lot of indicators.

There is also DOD contracts and CRAF.

While Bush maybe the point man, the money men don't care who does the labor, just as long as they reap the profits...

Focus on the issue.... Foerign ownership is not good for the current Cadre of Air Line Pilots....

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Because foreign ownership means foreign jobs.

The martime industry has a lot of indicators.

There is also DOD contracts and CRAF.

While Bush maybe the point man, the money men don't care who does the labor, just as long as they reap the profits...

Focus on the issue.... Foerign ownership is not good for the current Cadre of Air Line Pilots....

Thanks for the insight. I didn't realize the part about foreign jobs. It doesen't sound like such a good idea now.

There is a large difference between political parties, at least today's partys. I can't say whether Hillery would be the best choice of the democratic party but at least I figure she's more of a man than bush and a heck of a lot smarter. Personally, I like that guy running for Gov of TX.

Latest resources

Back