Forgien ownership?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mach none said:
I respectfully disagree. Foreign nationals would flood in here to work for a piece of the American dream. Immigration, both legal and illegal is at an all time high. If you were your CEO and you could hire some of these people for half of what you are making...you would.

I also hope for your well being that you are correct, because your company is closer to the auction block than mine. None of us are safe though. The race to the bottom would accelerate. Now the wage and benefit comparisons would be on a world wide basis.

Ok, we both disagree with eachother. Thanks for pointing out my company is tanking. I think there will be some foreign capital put into it, and I think that will help us out. We can't get credit here if we wanted to alone, so maybe someone else will help. Good. As far as legal or illegal pilots flying for us, I doubt it. You can't just walk up and get a job with a major, and that includes Southwest and Jetblue. They don't go for cheap, and no one will. Not even Virgin America. They won't recruit Mexican or Romanian pilots that are looking for work. They won't. Maybe Gulfstream Intl in FLA. We won't have Aeroflot flying 10 flights a day between LA and Las Vegas. We won't. You are dreaming. Air Canada made some money off of bailing CAL out back in the '90s, and that is exactly what other foreign airlines would be looking for---a quick buck. With airlines coming out of Chap 11, stock is generally cheaper than normal. They could pour in an investment, wait two years, and bail. It happens all of the time. TAP Air Portugal is considering buying into Varig in Brasil right now, even though they compete on Lisbon to Brasil routes. Why would TAP do that? To make money eventually. Air France might do that with us, and I for once will welcome a French handshake. (I will wash my hands quickly afterwards....)

Bye Bye--General Lee

RP 04 said:
or imagine working for a well managed airline, that actually knows how to make money...

get over youself, you CX kool aid drinker

and please don't tell me you thought RP04 was a good thing for us

mach none said:
I respectfully disagree. Foreign nationals would flood in here to work for a piece of the American dream. Immigration, both legal and illegal is at an all time high. If you were your CEO and you could hire some of these people for half of what you are making...you would.

Uh, I think we have ample evidence that we do not need foreign pilots in order to lower the bar. Just take a look at what the Delta guys are willing to work for. Plus there are a plethora of RJ babies out there who would fly a 76 for peanuts. At least if we brought in the Brits and Aussies we would sound like a respected profession with their accents.

Thank God for the cargo guys demanding to be paid like professional pilots!

L'il J.Seinfeld said:
Uh, I think we have ample evidence that we do not need foreign pilots in order to lower the bar. Just take a look at what the Delta guys are willing to work for. Plus there are a plethora of RJ babies out there who would fly a 76 for peanuts. At least if we brought in the Brits and Aussies we would sound like a respected profession with their accents.

Thank God for the cargo guys demanding to be paid like professional pilots!

You're cool. You must have small hands.......

Bye Bye--General Lee

This is one reason ALPA didn't endorse Bush..... As dumb and stupid as most think ALPA is when they don't endorse a gun slinging kick as$ kinda president, there is actually a boring, logical deep seated issue undernearth.

You support the politician who supports your issue.

Get ready for Hilary in '08. I don't like her and would rather see a more qualified candidate. But......

If you support outsourcing, golden parachutes, anti-labor policies, cabatoge and foreign ownership then vote republican.

My most important issue is my family. My house note.

I discussed this with a fellow pilot and after the election I asked how he voted. He told me the abortion issue was more important than providing for his family. I don't know how to explain that to ones family when pilots around the country are getting furloughed, selling thier houses, yanking kids out of their schools, starting over at year one pay...

Just because you vote Democrate doesn't mean you are an atheist, marijuana tokin', Hollywood Lovin' pole smoker..... Brand Identity is for marketing and sales.

Too many Americans think the way to play politics is one day every four years..... You focus on the issue.....

After you get educated on the process you'll be surprised how many Repubs actually support us....

Last edited:
Fred Rabahabitz said:
forgein????? I'm sure Hillary is a much better option for you in '08.....not
ja, those forgein cork sarking bastages.

The bottom line equates to both parties being corrupt and they cater to specific special interest groups. Mafiosos, Oil Barons, Finance frauds, etc. We need a 3rd possibly a 4th party. A two party system is going to keep lagging our economy and sell out our Labor.

Giants in Superbowl XL

Latest resources

Back