Foreign DC8's...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Crzipilot

Just talked to a buddy of mine. He's been flying around the middle east for a bit now. I guess saudia, bahrain, etc. He say's he's run across a bunch of foreign registered 8's, all done in classic freight dog white paint jobs, but seems to be all american crews. Anyone know who or what might be flying this. Think he was saying it was mostly Military charters it seemed, or what he heard...

Theres a bunch that fly out of Bahrain (OBBI). Some are ex- ATI green tails. All 63's

They fly into Bahgdad and other garden locals. There is also a few 727's that do the same thing. The company name escapes me at the moment, I sure someone will chime in. I do know they stay pretty busy.

I see the yellow-tail DC-8's, don't know the operator's name, usually going to Bahrain...

Then seen some DC-8's flying for "Heavy-Lift Cargo"......Then some assorted A300's, MidEX (A6/Dubai Emirates registered?), others Turkish registered..."My Cargo" I think was the name...Then Tri Star Cargo (A300), I think Egyptian registered..?..

Sent you a PM

Heavy Lift Johnson Air etc...Sharjah based on contract to DHL Bahrain flying to the places mentioned above..."challenging" flying and airplanes to say the least..

Latest resources

Back