• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Forecast for recalls, hiring, pension benefits if NPRM issued

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You know I like Prater as a person, but my support for him is now completely gone due to this limp d!ck reply. Wedge issue? Give me a freaking break. I won't give a dime to the PAC for many years if this goes through. Special thanks to SWAPA for spearheading this noble cause.

AMEN Nimtz! That makes two of us.

Tejas, I think we should abolish the seniority system as well and adopt the identical system to Emirates.

Well...if thats what you think...then, get with it. See how it floats...if thats the way it plays out....I'll accept it.

Best of luck, and please keep us updated on your quest.

Tejas

Special thanks to SWAPA for spearheading this noble cause.

And lets not forget to also thank the SWAPA members for their support....Hot off the press...

<<*** AGE 60: On the question regarding support for SWAPA efforts to repeal the Age 60 Rule during the 110th Congress in 2007-2008, 59.51 percent of the membership voted "yes;" 40.49 percent voted "no.">>

Tejas

And lets not forget to also thank the SWAPA members for their support....Hot off the press...

<<*** AGE 60: On the question regarding support for SWAPA efforts to repeal the Age 60 Rule during the 110th Congress in 2007-2008, 59.51 percent of the membership voted "yes;" 40.49 percent voted "no.">>

Tejas

From http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/01/30/faa.pilots.ap/index.html

"Many pilots have taken huge penalties to their pensions, and this is a way to recoup some of that," said Carl Kuwitzky, president of the Southwest Airlines Pilots' Association, which has lobbied for the change.

Sorry I'm confused, remind me again what type of pension penalty Southwest pilots have taken? I'm sure all that SWAPA lobbying was done strictly out of compassion for the legacy guys. :rolleyes:

"Many pilots have taken huge penalties to their pensions, and this is a way to recoup some of that," said Carl Kuwitzky, president of the Southwest Airlines Pilots' Association, which has lobbied for the change.

Sorry I'm confused, remind me again what type of pension penalty Southwest pilots have taken? I'm sure all that SWAPA lobbying was done strictly out of compassion for the legacy guys. :rolleyes:

Of course,...and as a former legacy pilot....I feel your pain. Thats why I voted "yes" to indirectly help out my legacy brothers.

In Solidarity wit mah bro's,

Tejas

Albie...any thoughts?

Albie...I couldn't agree more. Business is business. Got any ideas on how to fight it? Doesn't seem like voting at the Union meetings are working very well, based on the conversations on this board. I'm guessing that there are a lot of guys on this board that are all ears. Is it worth a million$ to get active? Hell yes...and I'm not even an activist...I usually prefer to have some Courvossier and forget about it. I hope the fellas think of the time value of money when they consider how much it's worth to take action to fight, delay or otherwise...apparently there's a million dollars on the line, is that worth a couple dozen hours of action? Sure...

One more question...

...yeah, I just polished off that box of my favorite Mexican wine, and was wondering something, as I often do at this point in the evening.

UM, WHY AREN'T THE AIRLINES FIGHTING THIS ONE? DON'T THEY PAY A NEW-HIRE LESS THAN A 64 YEAR OLD WITH 30 YEARS ON THE BOOKS? AND WOULDN'T IT SAVE 'EM A FEW BUCKS ON MEDICAL? JUST SOME QUESTIONS...MAYBE THEY'RE AFRAID TO GET SUED...BUT I'M AFRAID I'LL GET SUED EVERYTIME I GET BEHIND THE WHEEL, BUT I STILL DRIVE TO WORK.

"When I was in the Army, they called this Asia...Me? I called it freaky deaky sex land...Scrap Iron, this is your area of search...stick mainly to the back streets..." --Leon Phelps

Leon, WHY AREN'T THE AIRLINES FIGHTING THIS ONE?

It was answered earlier, the second they extend the old guys, there will be thousands stuck at the bottom or worse just outside the door. For years. Now, the wages for those minions will drop through the basement, thats how the business will make it a zero sum game.

Until sick bank usage skyrockets. Yes, currently it gets worse as guys get close to 60. But, they need those sick bank days to pay for age 60-65 medical by trading them in later for COBRA. What happens when those sick bank days become useless unless used overnight? You got it, sick calls up the wazoo. Money for nothing, chicks for free.

I still see years of costly union and company litigation even with legal restrictions. The question they will fight for is "how is it right to one day be to old, the next day not, yet someone just as old in 24 hours gets to stay?" You cannot argue that one and win before the supreme court. YMMV.

Last edited:

This has got to be the GAYEST F***ING MOST STUPID thing I have ever read! (and for you "touchy" SWA folk.....it has nothing to do with the fact that your SWAPA president said it....any pilot that would say this is crazy).

I have an idea....let's use our money and resources to go after the dickheads that raped everyone of their pensions......but NO.....our "brothers" say "LET'S JUST WORK LONGER for the same dickheads". This is like putting a cast on a laceration.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back