• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For UAL pilots - Scope?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm going to guess that Homer is not one of the rational people.
My point was that typing PARK 'EM in big letters on the internet and somehow thinking "we took care of that" is pretty stupid.

I can guarantee you that typing here is not all I am doing or will do. I will not give up my scope, sorry it is MGT. that wants this merger the cancellation of my scope is not in the discussion. If they want labor piece, something Wall Street is going to require before giving money, they are going to have to deal with keeping my scope.

anythng less than 90 seats can go to the regionals

Anything more then a Beech 1900 belongs in mainline....

Geesh...some people kids...:rolleyes:

I would rather sit in my T-Prop then watch another -900 taxi by with an Spikey hair with frosted tips, iPod wearing, back pack tote'n, epulets on backward, jive talk'n, mommy and daddy pay for everything, life is one big party in a suitcase, I've forgotten more then you'll ever know, 23 year old FO....

Scope is not for sale....the parking spots in the Desert are however. The ones at Davis Monthan I hear are free.... :D

Park'em all!

V1

Last edited:
My point was that typing PARK 'EM in big letters on the internet and somehow thinking "we took care of that" is pretty stupid.

Our reps and and the MEC have received a TON of e-mails and phone calls all stating the same thing. Hell, even the local 171 blastmail said it. SCOPE IS NOT FOR SALE. Sorry, kiddo.

So is thinking that we do not have the intestinal fortitude to do exactly what we say we will as a unified group.........in other words - PARK 'EM.

There is a big difference between wanting something and being able to do it. You guys can send blast mails, vent on the internet, make phone calls, twist arms, hold your breath and stamp your feet until you turn blue. You can not cancel those contracts. Outside of bankruptcy express 170's will be flying until at least 2017.

Beat up the messenger all you want, personally I don't have a dog in your fight with Mgt. and could care less if you take it back or not. I haven't heard a single logical, real world business reason why anyone would think that flying is going away.

I haven't heard a single logical, real world business reason why anyone would think that flying is going away.

They have to get us to approve a joint contract, with out our approval the companies stay seperate, the "synergies" of 1.2 Billon/yr cannot be reaped and the merger falls apart or stagnates ala USAir. I will not vote my, CAL scope away.

Anything over 50 seats is a automatic no vote for me.

They have to get us to approve a joint contract, with out our approval the companies stay seperate, the "synergies" of 1.2 Billon/yr cannot be reaped and the merger falls apart or stagnates ala USAir. I will not vote my, CAL scope away.

This is all true. But the company can not enter into a contract with you that violates another contract. It is illegal. Just like now CO can not subcontract out 100 seat flying because it would violate an existing agreement with ALPA. UAL could under pressure buy out their existing 70 seat contracts with RAH, Skywest, GoJet and Mesa but the cost would be in the billions. It's not going to happen.

Latest resources

Back