Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For Those About to Vote/Not Vote ALPA At SkyWest...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I've been in this business 11 years. This is my second Contract at ASA. I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt NOTHING will be given to you. You have to FIGHT for it. Sitting on the fence and not making a decision is still a choice. Good luck to you. I hope you're given the work rules that I fought and fight for. I doubt it, however. ALPA will give you a legally binding agreement. That's reason enough. Good luck.

Trojan
ANd when do you get this "legally binding agreement?" Go alpa?

Crap crap crap!
What can alpo do...just look at United Delta comair asa etc....
Proof is in da puddin' Boyz!

Go alpa?

OK son, take the ipod and backpack off for a second and try really reading the first few pages of this thread. The proof IS in the pudding as you say. Regarding United, Delta, their companies got hammered when terrorists ran jets into tall buildings in New York City. Comair got hammered because they were connected at the hip to Delta. Prior to what we are calling 911 (the day those jets ran into those buildings) the three companies you mentioned were the highest paid in the industry bar none. "Alpo" fought for the pilots and was very successful. After 911 they were never in a position to bargain as bankruptcy judges were calling the shots. It should be noted that 911 was the best thing financially that has ever happened to regional airlines....more planes, more revenue and more profits for many such as skywest and asa. Alpa just got asa a decent contract.

Skywest has made more money than many of the other regionals put together after 911. They are not going broke....making nearly 160,000,000.00 net profit last year alone. During this post 911 period when Sapa should have been able to negotiate an industry leading contract they rolled over or were ignored. Spend a little time learning the facts son and it will help you and maybe that family you get some day. OK you can put your ipod back on.

Last edited:
Crap crap crap!

Go alpa?

Yes GO ALPA!

Its a*sfaces like yourself that does not realize that the payscales that you have now are based on other union negotiated wages. Being at Delta, United etc. is way better then being at Skywest over a 20-30 career. You must think its okay for your fellow union pilots to bust their collective butts to bring up the averages so that you can eventually have something handed to you like a begging dog. Good for ASA they are better than you. If you hate unions so much then enjoy your life at Skywest, you cant go anywhere else that does not have one. So keep being part of the problem instead of the solution. Oh yeah one day when you bust an altitude and cause a near midair have fun trying to keep your job. Freakin Beggers!

Crap crap crap!

Go alpa?

You're back! I've missed your insightful observations.

So how do you think United, Delta and Comair would have faired after 9-11 with SAPA representing them?

I don't know how many years you spent with the old system, but even if you were very senior if you wanted weekends off and a subsequent wednesday you were kinda screwed if there were insufficient reserves.

PBS still doesn't approve time off. Nothing has changed for the bottom half. It was created to do this like you have said but it is not working. In essence whether Sapa or management wants to take the blame, we were lied to again. Lets see Sapa and management correct this......NOT>
Meanwhile I would rather take my chances with ALPA. At least I know in 5 years it may possibly get fixed. With sapa who the f^c* knows?

Save us money and you won't regret it. I do not enjoy my BHO in the 700/900. I make more money sleeping in than flying BHO trips.

How does that effect you?

What has Sapa done about it?

I personally love to be gone from home 80 plus hours on a 16 credit hour four day. Life is great.

Keep up the 10 day off minimum with PBS. Or 9 if your an FO. How do you feel about that?

THE OLD ********************tiessst dirtiest azz HARDLINES were better than any dog licking trash that PBS can spew out ever. I would love to have any hardline back. At least if I could get weekends off and I know that I still can't get wednesdays off to go bowling, who the f#^k cares.

Sincerely the bottom 1/2 of the pilot group.

OK son, take the ipod and backpack off for a second and try really reading the first few pages of this thread. The proof IS in the pudding as you say. Regarding United, Delta, their companies got hammered when terrorists ran jets into tall buildings in New York City. Comair got hammered because they were connected at the hip to Delta. Prior to what we are calling 911 (the day those jets ran into those buildings) the three companies you mentioned were the highest paid in the industry bar none. "Alpo" fought for the pilots and was very successful. After 911 they were never in a position to bargain as bankruptcy judges were calling the shots. It should be noted that 911 was the best thing financially that has ever happened to regional airlines....more planes, more revenue and more profits for many such as skywest and asa. Alpa just got asa a decent contract.

Skywest has made more money than many of the other regionals put together after 911. They are not going broke....making nearly 160,000,000.00 net profit last year alone. During this post 911 period when Sapa should have been able to negotiate an industry leading contract they rolled over or were ignored. Spend a little time learning the facts son and it will help you and maybe that family you get some day. OK you can put your ipod back on.

Making contracts when things are good is not when alpo should be judged. It is when things are bad! alpo gets an F!!! Did skyw take a pay cut...EVER!
GO alpo?

What Building did Delta hit?

Who said Delta ran into a building? Your reading comprehension problems mixed with your other learning abilities have really made it difficult for you haven't they?

Since you cant really remember much about 911 and you are not so good at reading, I want you to watch this clip from start to finish. It will be your first clue that something horrible happened that affected millions of people in many ways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv4s3fn8jDc

You didn't answer my question. Was it wrongful termination because he didn't do it or because what he was accused of was no big deal in your eyes? Or is he simply being used as the poster boy this drive because of who fired him and not why?

I don't think he did it, but either way...I think it was wrong. Like I said...I will send you his lawyers brief if you PM me your email address. I'm not using Don as a poster boy....Just some guy that got screwed. SAPA really helped him out! The guy who fired Don was a SAPA VP.

Latest resources

Back