Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

For Those About to Vote/Not Vote ALPA At SkyWest...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think both.

But I must admit I havn't talked directly with anybody directly involved.

I don't think he did what he is accused of and even if he did, I don't think he should have been fired.

Then go stand up for the poor guy! Since you're Brad's right hand man.

People like you are part of the problem in aviation. Why don't you go back to your other job, while the rest of us try and improve this one!
An individuals sucess in aviation is the problem with the airline industry? You have no Idea what I have done prior to Skywest.... very very few people on this board do... Its easy to find out though- Ive heard its googleable- or just ask PBRstreetgang- he may know by now.

Of course i want to see return to some of the work rules I've heard of here at SkyWest. I wasnt here for the "Deal Brad an ace" I absolutely disagree with the company on what happened there... I just dont believe alpa will do it. Not saying sapa can either.

An individuals sucess in aviation is the problem with the airline industry? You have no Idea what I have done prior to Skywest.... very very few people on this board do... Its easy to find out though- Ive heard its googleable- or just ask PBRstreetgang- he may know by now.

Of course i want to see return to some of the work rules I've heard of here at SkyWest. I wasnt here for the "Deal Brad an ace" I absolutely disagree with the company on what happened there... I just dont believe alpa will do it. Not saying sapa can either.

You only have a half vested interest in this profession because you do not rely on it as your sole source of income. Thats the problem. 1st year first officers can legally apply for food stamps. I'm sure that didn't affect you though. By the way i don't care what you did before you came here, you could have created liquid fusion for all i care.

I've been in this business 11 years. This is my second Contract at ASA. I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt NOTHING will be given to you. You have to FIGHT for it. Sitting on the fence and not making a decision is still a choice. Good luck to you. I hope you're given the work rules that I fought and fight for. I doubt it, however. ALPA will give you a legally binding agreement. That's reason enough. Good luck.

Trojan

So, what do you suggest besides continuing our slide????? Doing nothing is not a solution!

Why don't you call me using someone else's phone and don't idenitfy yourself?

Or is that still too scary for you?

Why don't you focus on the questions I have asked you to answer.....

I didn't know you were asking me questions, what is it you would like to know?

I didn't know you were asking me questions, what is it you would like to know?

I asked you a couple. Maybe you can answer them now.

Why did SAPA agree to the bucket system for reserves? What did SAPA negotiate in return for the bucket system?

Why did SAPA agree to PBS? How much of the hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollar SkyWest saves on crew costs with PBS, did SAPA negotiate to be shared with the pilots?

Why don't you call me using someone else's phone and don't idenitfy yourself?

Or is that still too scary for you?

Is it too scary for you to do the job you were elected to do....to stand up to those who unjustly fired a 15 year veteran of skywest over a bunch of nonsensacle allegations? You are a so called represenative of Sapa arent you? I would suggest that if you want to talk with people on the phone that you spend that time talking to the management who have not been fair or equitable with the skywest pilot group. Only then might you gain some credability with those who you were tasked with representing. Capiesh?!

I asked you a couple. Maybe you can answer them now.

Why did SAPA agree to the bucket system for reserves? What did SAPA negotiate in return for the bucket system?

Why did SAPA agree to PBS? How much of the hundreds of thousands, if not millions of dollar SkyWest saves on crew costs with PBS, did SAPA negotiate to be shared with the pilots?

Truthfully I am not too familiar with the bucket system to know of all of its effects.

Sapa spent nearly 2 years working with management and the developer making it what it is today. There are a number of pilots within our group that spend enourmous amouts of time working on refinements of the software and services. A survey that had over 70% pilot group participation voiced that they were in support of PBS and that a strong majority indicated that given the choice to return to hard lines they prefered PBS.

I don't know how many years you spent with the old system, but even if you were very senior if you wanted weekends off and a subsequent wednesday you were kinda screwed if there were insufficient reserves.

Latest resources

Back