• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

for the XJ guys

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They didn't enforce it when they had 5 chief pilots...at least one in each domicile. Why would they start now. I have not seen a CP care about the hat since Jim R in DTW ala 2001. When NW went optional the fight was conceded. Maybe soon we can worry about hats... and double breasted suits for that matter, but for now give it a rest.

Point taken! But then, Jim R didn't care about a valid medical either! Just for the record, I don't like hats either...

I agree with those that "wear" fleeces, they are comfortable and work better than the overcoat. I also think the leather jacket is a better option. The leather jacket sparks an even more rediculous debate over what pilot should wear. I am of this opinion. The overcoat does not work, period. I have been to I Falls, Regina, Thunderbay etc and I loved the way the ocercoat blew around and did not keep me warm. But it does do okay in the rain. That said, the leather Jacket would work well in a cool spring day scenerio or a cold winter day (or even in the rain). I wish the fleece and leather jacket were options. But spongebob spanjers does not like them. Oh, and as for ipods, when you spart gettting me paid when I am walking around the airport, stretching my legs between flights or on ready reserve, then you can tell me I cannot listen to my ipod. For that matter, if you say the ipod is wrong, I call you a idiot because if you use your phone, you are doing the same thing. I wonder if this debate came up way back when the mobile phone was a new device? Oh I must add, some peoples defeinition of a professional pilot and his/her uniform is defined by the 1970's. I for one am not in any way thinking polyester pants and Jacket, white shirt and hat make me look cool. I am just looking for funtional and comfort.

I agree that leather is the best option for what we do...maybe when Johnnyretard is weeded out we can have them....if we got them now they'd need extra-big change pockets...

I had to wear the leather coat at a charter company back in the day.... They are NOT even close to warm. Trust me one day of 20 degrees and a breeze and you'll be begging to bring back the trenchcoat.

I had to wear the leather coat at a charter company back in the day.... They are NOT even close to warm. Trust me one day of 20 degrees and a breeze and you'll be begging to bring back the trenchcoat.

I dunno about that one. I got the leather jacket at my new company promptly retired the London Fog. The leather worked quite nicely in Barrow in February. -44. F or C doesn't matter at -44!

crap! 121 career put on hold

You'll be joining a great group of pilots. And this is coming from a former 9E'r. The XJ DTW guys welcomed me with open arms as the only 9E guy attending during one of their 2002 picketing events and I've been great friends with a lot of their pilots ever since. Good luck!

I look forward to it. Unfortunately, I wont be in class for a long time. I have recieved an email from XJ HR explaining that they wont need any new hires till August at the earliest, so I'm swimming in the hiring pool.

I interviewed in late April and I hear there are alot of guys in front of me. I was told all the CRJ FO slots were filled internally (Saab guys). I thought that would open up some Saab FO slots but I guess not.

How do they pull pilots from the hiring pool? Is it based on the date that they offered employment or is it random?

I thought that would open up some Saab FO slots but I guess not.

The only reason they let us bid for the 900 is because they severely overstaffed us in the saab during the hiring spree.

I could imagine some saab spots could open up august and beyond though.

Anybody have an idea of how many guys are in the hiring pool and in what order we will be selected when hiring resumes?

The trench-coat is a horrible excuse for a winter jacket. I'll take a leather jacket for winter use any day. Both are ugly by the way ;)

Okay as for the trench coat, I have felt that cold winter breeze and the cold I felt on my back and for that matter my front was becuase of the trench coat. I used to have a leather coat i wore here in MN, I could wear that thing on the coldest days and even wear it on a barely chilly day in the spring.

To talk about hiring, well things have slowed. I am not in the know, but I have been told that they have cancelled any CRJ 200 ground schools they had planned until at least OCT. That sucks huh? As for other hiring, who knows, we are getting the remaining 900's (notice I did not call them "9's") and some have to go to the mighty Saab. I hear a few rumors, mostly from mechanic types. One is they think we will not get anymore 200's and possibly might lose them too. The other thing is that they are finding too much corrosion on the Saabs we have to think about keeping them. Did I also hear they had to park a couple because they were too badly corroded? Remember these are just rumors. But I will say, the first person to tell me the Avros were leaving "for sure" was a MEchanic. enough said.

Saabs are too corroded? But think of all the money they saved by not having them cleaned! I mean a new tail can't cost as much as a clean and polish a few times a year, could it?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back